The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Everyone knows' obesity kills, but is weight loss the answer? > Comments

'Everyone knows' obesity kills, but is weight loss the answer? : Comments

By Lydia Turner, published 3/5/2012

The research simply does not support the idea that obesity is automatically harmful (except at statistical extremes).

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
This article seems to be both well researched and accurate. Binge/comfort eating, seems to often accompany depression and loss of self esteem.
Healthy exercise that is also fun! WOW! where have you been all of my fat fighting life?
Unfortunately I can't dance because of a very severe spinal injury; and besides, always have had two left feet. Moreover, other dancers always complain, whenever my sticks connect with their feet or trip them up. Killjoys.
Low GI foods seem to help those with weight problems; given they seem to satisfy and keep the Munchausen at bay for longer?
Great article, great advice! Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 3 May 2012 10:40:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Lydia for this well-argued piece. It is fascinating to learn who is funding particular studies, and the obvious conflict of interest. If only everyone could be aware of these things.
Posted by caitlin, Thursday, 3 May 2012 8:59:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very good Lydia.

Dance-walking. Love it!

I’ve been an almost daily runner for many years. Never have been into dancing, but I’ll have to start incorporating a bit of dance-walking into my exercise regime. Only where no one can see me of course!!
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 3 May 2012 9:01:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy