The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No hope for Golan agreement while Assad remains > Comments

No hope for Golan agreement while Assad remains : Comments

By Graham Cooke, published 19/4/2012

Israel wants to retain the high ground because it has a ballistic advantage.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
...Israels version of peace offering over the Golan heights, is to lease back land from Syria. A hand-over of the Golan Heights voluntarily, will never occur anywhere in the future, that is simply never going to happen under any circumstances:(There's water in them-there hills)! Assad and the PLO assured the Israelis of possession of this precious little “gem” in 1967.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 19 April 2012 12:24:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, if I were a military commander in chief, surrounded on all sides by modern military armament, virtual dictators and very hostile forces, many not above declaring war on, or mass murdering their own citizenry? I certainly would not hand back; the spoils of war captured high ground, which conferred a military, intell, early warning advantage.
Water? There's oceans of it and Memtech Desal, has progressed to the point, where much lower energy requirements, will much more reliably, produce all a nation as small as tiny Israel, will ever likely need. Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 19 April 2012 3:40:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have stolen your house, your car, the dog and the chook shed and would like to negotiate the return of your dog.

Won't you please meet with me to ratify and agree to my theft?

Fair dinkum, why are Australian media pages infested with so many ignorant shills for Israel?

The Golan Heights was supposed to be given back in 1967 and the Israeli's do not get to negotiate with anyone over which bit to give back.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Thursday, 19 April 2012 3:59:15 PM
Marylin:

I have no idea what you are talking about.
If Israel returns the Golan Heights (the "dog"), what are you referring to as the "house", "car" etc?

"The Golan Heights was supposed to be given back in 1967"

Why?

"the Israeli's do not get to negotiate with anyone over which bit to give back"

Why?
Posted by Avw, Thursday, 19 April 2012 6:19:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy