The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The atheist convention: a missed opportunity > Comments

The atheist convention: a missed opportunity : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 16/4/2012

It is a pity that new atheists are fixated on the futile question of the existence of a God.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
under one god,

The term "new genus" refers to the discovery of a new species. e.g The Wollemi Pine was described as a "new genus" after it was discovered in 1994. Judging by some of you comments and ideas I think you misunderstand the theory of evolution so could I highly recommend two books on the subject. "The Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin and "Climbing Mount Improbable" by Richard Dawkins.

Yuyutsu,

On the Friday night at the Atheist conference there were comedians who indeed did mock religion. At the dinner on Saturday night there was more mocking. I agree that mocking is not a form of rational debate. It can be funny though. The mocking is caused by applying reason to religious ideas and sure beats burning people at the stake whose ideas you happen to disagree with. This entertainment was not the basis of the conference.
At lunch time a looney Christian group and the next day a looney Islamic group yelled at us and condemned us all to hell. In a different environment I'm sure they would have done their best to send us there. Not many laughs from these guys.
Posted by Priscillian, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 11:30:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
prisco/quote..""The term "new genus"..refers
to the discovery of a new species.""

no prisilla..genus is divided into species

species micro evolve WITHIN the genus mean
meaning darwins finches....fluctuate between,,the long beaked and the short beaked[dependant on season[wet more towards long beaked..short in hot dry times

both yet are the same finch genus

""e.g The Wollemi Pine..was described as a "new genus"
after it was discovered in 1994.""

yes causee iot cant breed with any other pines
thus becomes a new genus[im going with faith..your correct[re its being a new genus]..sure a new spewcies within the pine genus..but the fact remains ..SCIENCE DIDNT MAKE ANY NEW GENUS*

you havnt visited the link have you?

""I think you misunderstand the theory of evolution""

mate i know enough to know its a theory!
that scioence cant make claim to!

i know that evolution[is solely..WITHIN genus]
no one[not even you..!]..can name any new genus
THAT EVOLVED OUT OF ANOTHER*

that wololy moo pine
ALLWAYS WAS THAT GENUS*
nuthing 'evolved'..to find it
\
""I highly recommend two books on the subject.
"The Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin""

please visit the link
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=13479&page=0

I JUST RECOMENDED
AN ATHIEST ACTUALLY READ IT
not just quote it like some proof of genus evolving

i have read it many times
LOOK AT THE TITLE..'the origen of species*
four books..plus

NOT ...!,,,*EVOLUTION OF GENUS*!
[get it genious?
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 3:42:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>no one[not even you..!]..can name any new genus
THAT EVOLVED OUT OF ANOTHER*<<

Fail. Equus out of Plessipus.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 3:58:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
under one god

You've convinced me. See you at church on Sunday.
Posted by Priscillian, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 5:32:24 PM
lol..""tony/quote""..

5 search results returned

https://www.google.com/search?q=Equus+out+of+Plessipus.#hl=en&gs_nf=1&tok=k_SEjxu78ae2-ZTMojPhFg&pq=equus%20out%20of%20plessipus.&cp=9&gs_id=y&xhr=t&q=proof%20of%20Equus%20out%20of%20Plessipus.&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=proof+of+Equus+out+of+Plessipus.&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=81f616ffe00934cd&biw=1280&bih=718

he is talking about phenotype[looks like!]
based on fossils[stone..to wit no dna]
ofr horse ancestors

heck it could be anything
and genotype cant be proved

its a theory!

but mate tell me
give the dna proof!

you could just as easy said ape/man
and not have any proof..of that neither!

please present proof!

""A fossilised series of gradual changes
over geological time//"",,,lol

THEORISED to be ancestorial
BUT NO DNA..no genetic link!

phonotype..fooled darwin too

regardless
the horses today interbreed
thus all are the same genus today
just like the day god made em

ditto all domestic dogs..-all cannus
all domestic pigion breeds =columbia

you got a theory!

was going to research to refute..
but you didnt give any proof

please present your proof
not some delusion site

let the dna be revealed
silence signifies..faith..in theories of [dubious science]

http://instarhparvan.academia.edu/AdrianDobos/Papers/185382/The_Lower_Paleolithic_of_Romania_a_Critical_Review

NO PROOF*..that speaks volumes
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 5:36:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey, under one god

It seems you really are an expert on this subject. My humble apologies. Could you please expand on your theory of the origin of life/species/genus please.
No links. Just a simple explanation would do.
Could you also refer to the data or "proof" you use to come to these conclusions?
I need this information for next Sunday.
Cheers.
Posted by Priscillian, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 5:44:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy