The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In defence of Smith > Comments

In defence of Smith : Comments

By Gary Brown, published 15/3/2012

The government is justified in taking stern measures to address the defence force malaise.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I'm sure that Smith and the greens will whip them into the politically correct, kind and nurturing organization that we want from our defence force.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 18 March 2012 7:10:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well done Mr Smith, there should be far more honesty and plain speaking about the nitwits who run our defence forces, and those equally brain dead lumps who order the equipment, that never works.

As for the Kamp Kommandant of the ADFA brothel, he is in charge of a training facility that constantly, constantly, makes the news for its stupid activities, be they sex related or just the usual sort of military nonsense others call 'bullying'.

That said, what do we want? Knuckleheads who kill and order others to kill on commamnd, or genteel soldiers who understand and appreciate the finer points of philosophy?

Time for an end to the three separate forces with their reliance on tradition and esprit do corps (read, high regard for bullying within the ranks and a total disregard for those outside the military).

A single, modern, defence force, with a single line of command, burn the flags, break the swords, dump the regiments and sqaudrons, begin again.

As for Australia spending money on junk equipment all the time, what's the problem there?

They're all too busy boozing in the officers mess to know how to buy a car never mind a tank, sub, ship or helicopter.

If I was Smith, I'd have 'em in my corridior on the red seat doing lines every day till they understood what their jobs were.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Monday, 19 March 2012 8:53:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy