The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Infanticide again > Comments

Infanticide again : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 1/3/2012

Some ethicists argue that human rights don't extend to all humans.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Houellie,

Correct.
He was a good friend of mine : )
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 5 March 2012 6:00:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I certainly have Stephan"

Yabby, no. you. haven't. You merely condemn yourself. Your "zygote is a human organism not a person" claim is just an infantile word-game, nothing else, to hide the fact that inside you resides a monster with the intellect of a child. The fact people are small and helpless and unformed is the VERY reason they should be protected, not this early stage of human development used as a thin pretext for the killing deed. Your definition of a person is just an evil game to hide the moral truth.

You simply have no moral compass like the Nazis, distorted and irrelevant claims about Hitler's manipulation of religious ideas notwithstanding. btw, I've personally heard stories from Christians who lived during WW2 in Germany with strong ties to the underground (Confessing) Church and your claim is pure revisionist drivel. But then, lying seems to be your talent, as is the habit of the morally bankrupt. So, the fact remains, you arguments are the modern day equivalent of the Nazis.

As for being created "naturally" - LOL! If that is true, please, show us all how laboratory guru Yabby can easily jump into his white coat and synthesise life. Your arrogance is breathtaking. You just make assertions with no evidence. Until any reasonably close creation of life vaguely like human beings can be created from raw chemicals you are not even one step forward on a very very long journey. The complexity of even one cell is almost beyond comprehension. I believe God created life and that your view is just plain idiotic and irrational since you can't even moderately back it up.
Posted by Stephan, Wednesday, 7 March 2012 5:04:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As for the rest of you, I'm currently travelling and I have no interest or time to argue with people who clearly can't grasp the point. The article above IS about killing NEWBORN children and most of you here can't even stay on subject. You divert the issue discuss rubbish ideas that are easily dismissed. For example, none of you take in former slaves yet I imagine you're likely against slavery. According to your own logic that would make you hypocrites since that is apparently what I am for not personally caring for allegedly 'unwanted' children. As for this howler - "Only a Sith Lord talks in absolutes."! 'Only' sure sounds like an absolute to me, but what would I know?

A debate with mature people would be great but I'm obviously not going to find it here. Good day!
Posted by Stephan, Wednesday, 7 March 2012 5:06:33 PM
Deary me Stephan, you certainly got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Go back and try the other side :)

*The fact people are small and helpless and unformed is the VERY reason they should be protected*

If the object of discussion is unformed, then it is clearly not
yet a person. A bit like a piece of steel being exactly that, until
it is formed into a car. So the problem is not mine, but your
lack of ability to use our language as it was intended. Don't blame
me for your poor education skills.

* As for being created "naturally" - LOL! If that is true, please, show us all how laboratory guru Yabby can easily jump into his white coat and synthesise life.*

I need to do no such thing Stephan, because of course my claim was
that you were indeed created naturally, when mummy and daddy had sex.

Its common in nature amonst many species, from chimps to rabbits to
humans. All very natural and no substantiated evidence of any supernatural input.
If there is, please produce the evidence.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 7 March 2012 5:56:44 PM
Ralph,
fine help support children in difficult situations. Yes we need to do more to support parents. But would you kill the child that gets brain damage later? Where do you draw the line?
We did away with the death penalty for criminals and now we apply it to those who are not the ones who sinned.
Posted by katydid, Wednesday, 7 March 2012 8:02:13 PM
>>A debate with mature people would be great<<

Why would it be great? You can't even win a debate with immature people.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Thursday, 8 March 2012 10:49:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy