The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Infanticide again > Comments

Infanticide again : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 1/3/2012

Some ethicists argue that human rights don't extend to all humans.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Yabby,
Jeremiah, as did everyone else in those day, wrote in symbolical terms which many modern readers can't grasp & so they take everything literally.
Sad but that's the way things are going .
The boss in all probability didn't write the message on the moon because people need a little challenge.
The people who are hearing things are not as dangerous as those who can't see with perfect vision.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 3 March 2012 6:49:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I come back after a nice weekend to hear Stephaaaan hasn't had a go at my new question. McReal has also identified the Sigourney Weaver principal...

'What about when an oocyte fertilized ex vivo? There are millions of zygotes cryopreserved for IVF treatments. If you believe that these millions and millions of zygotes all deserve to live, should they all be implanted and allowed to develop? What if they have genetic mutations and are 99% likely to fail, possibly killing the mother? According to you these are millions of babies that will one day die unless we implant them all.'

What say you Stephan?

Yes indeedy Tony we are talking about UNBORN children. Like Zygotes and other DNA material that can be used to make potential babies.

'Conception, in sexual reproduction, is a *continuation of life*: a single living cell - a sperm - enters another living cell - an egg [ovum] ...'

All that really needs to be said McReal. My arguments are looking more sound by the minute, and we are back to all the 'potential' humans, ie sperm, eggs, test tube experiments including the Sigourney Weaver/Alien ones.

Care to take on 'continuation of life' Führer Stephan?

'FULLY EVIL'? Only a Sith Lord talks in absolutes.

I still say runner is a national treasure. He's really in his element here. If I was to receive a smack in punishment, I'd want it to be from runner. Is that weird? It seems kinda sensual or something...
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 5 March 2012 8:18:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What if infanticide had been practised on those advocating infanticide?
Posted by TAC, Monday, 5 March 2012 4:09:52 PM
*What if infanticide had been practised on those advocating infanticide?*

Ah Tac, if I wasn't here, I would not know that I wasn't here,
so it would hardly matter. If my mother had had a cup of tea,
or had a headache, or a thousand other thins, I would not be here
either.

That's why Houllie's point is such a good one. What about the
egg and sperms that the wife flushed down the toilet last month?
Are you going to accuse her of murder? Sheesh, maybe it was
another Einstein! She murdered another Einstein! Best then that
all those women have sex with us whenever we want, so that we
don't murder a potential Einstein.

Sheesh, what a great chat up line :)
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 5 March 2012 4:37:56 PM
Well for a start I see nobody advocating infanticide here.

But I would say it would be the same if 'What if abstinence had been practised by the parents of those advocating abstinence, what if contraception had been used by the parents of those advocating contraception, how many more starving children would there be without contraception, and what if your aunty had balls.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 5 March 2012 4:42:47 PM
BTW I have it on good authority that Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 5 March 2012 4:47:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All