The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The case for Kevin > Comments

The case for Kevin : Comments

By Dilan Thampapillai, published 24/2/2012

It's not all about him because it's all about winning the next election.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Obviously you will be a happy chappy if Rudd wins.

I wont.

I was wrong when i said to my Mrs at Australia Zoo in 2004 or 2005 that Rudd will never PM. I did not take on board what was to come with the opportunities created by the sad Latham experience and growing disdain for Beazley.

But, given i do often express more faith in public opinion, I am dumbfounded how Rudd could be more popular than Gillard. I hope the Caucus overwhelmingly rejects the Rudd bid. I personally find him to be extremely overrated, incapable of working with a team, and one of the wost politiicians I have observed in recent decades as an adult and politial student.

I am just hoping that the Labor MPs realise that even Rudd cannot save them from being on the nose over policy, and that team work and other considerations influence their decision.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 24 February 2012 7:39:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think what we are seeing here Chris Lewis is a manouvering by public servants to engraciate themselves with prospective leaders to further their personal careers.There would be many in the PS who know how Kevin thinks and a bit of nepotism makes up for hard work and ability.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 24 February 2012 7:52:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My how easily we forget! Rudd was extremely unpopular with the electorate before he was sacked (stabbed). Now he has been 'reborn'. All smiles and civility. This would have to be the greatest circus and certainly the biggest catastrophe for the nation since Whitlam. Shorten who engineered the stabbing of Kevin Rudd has been, according to the media, negotiating with Rudd for the treasurers position. These creeps are no better than the mafia in my view. Gillard hasnt had a fair go..not that she deserved a 'fair' go. I think I'll vote for the Secular Party at the next election and to hell with the rest.
Posted by Topomountain, Friday, 24 February 2012 8:26:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Labor Party was so deperate over Rudd's unpopularity that they threw him out as PM. And now they want us to believe that only he can win the next election? OMFG
Posted by michael_in_adelaide, Friday, 24 February 2012 9:10:08 AM
...One description never applicable to Rudd was "Clown": I am sure Gillard was born with a little green cap with a bell on top.

...I personally support Rudd 110%, and hope that he does manage to topple the leader of the three ring circus, Gillard, and restore some respectability to the ONCE great Labor party!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 24 February 2012 10:38:49 AM
Of course its all about Kevie, for IMHO what we have here is a bitter
man, wanting to get even. Its all very well for Theresa to say that
Kevie worked hard. That is not what its about.

To be PM you need to be able to lead a team and get on with them.
Kevie failed at that, that is why he was removed. His own workmates
dumped him.

A vote for Kevie will mean complete chaos within labor and they
won't win anything. All very sad really, how Labor is about
to destroy itself.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 24 February 2012 10:59:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy