The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Relevance versus facts and value > Comments

Relevance versus facts and value : Comments

By Richard Stanton, published 15/2/2012

Many of the issues that divide us do so on the basis of the relative against the absolute.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Tony will say anything to get elected...but then again, so will almost all politicians. They just have a problem of delivering once they get elected...can't see this changing in a hurry.
Posted by Phil Matimein, Wednesday, 15 February 2012 3:26:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yes, OLO’s veritable ‘Spindoctor’ – but moving on:

There is an ignorance of a few here that gives them no pain whose education has somehow failed to awaken in them an appetite for the truth. This is not surprising. What is surprising is that ignorance of science is shared by so many (like spindoc) on OLO, who not without reason, think of themselves as ‘well-educated’ and who take a lively and critical interest in wider issues and ideas.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Using his assertions as an example; spindoc purports to have understood, and then applied, works of Professor Raymond Tallis to this thread. However, ‘spindoctor’ either really doesn’t understand "Newton's sleep: the two cultures and the two kingdoms" or is deliberately trying to spindoctor a very honourable man and his work for his own warped ideological agenda.

In fact, any rational seeker of truth who reads the book, will find that Professor Tallis is eluding to the likes of Andrew Bolt or Alan Jones; or the Viscount Christopher Monckton or Lord Nigel Lawson – not real climate change scientists (spindoc calls them 'warmists') at all.

I suppose being called “dysfunctional and predictable” really is a complement coming from one so delusional.
Richard Stanton has my empathy.
Posted by bonmot, Wednesday, 15 February 2012 6:54:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
bonmot, as my lovely Granny from County Cork used to say, “ Oi ‘tink ya’ may have got dat a bit up to back front me’ boyo”.

The bullshifters and the liars may hold centre stage for a while but in the end they are found out and their contributions forgotten. We now recognize the difference between the rigorous objective science of “scientific forecasts” and the pseudo-science of “forecasts by scientists”.

Like the eunuch at the orgy who was always first with the gossip, but being forced to realize that he doesn’t really know what’s going on, his knowledge is not real and that far from being the centre of things, he is forever on the margin.

How’s that margin doing bonmot? You are sounding increasingly lonely and desperate out there on the fringes of reality
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 16 February 2012 2:58:23 PM
im noting some personal attack..[light hearted]
so will reply..the one aimed at me

the dozers/quote...""Guinea pig symptom wattle""'

clearkly wattle means waffle?

""...garrison piano""

playing by the songsheet

""register manuscript..""

dozers waffle

''everyone sold/magnificent''

empty boasting

""underlying global balloons!'''

baffons?

""inefficieny/programmed pero culo aha""

whatever gets your goat

""... sadness infects""

dont sweat on it
sadness is within
we would never have guessed

""ready underneath""

sorry mate
dont swing that way

""..make intense enograms""

make your own orgasims

""glory underpinned transparency""
yes the truth is seen under it all

""..haikus make for
good ego but fgyk argument""

yea no argument from me

""..poo being optimal""

mine is one way
the exit..[no entry]
but heck whatever swings your boat

""for rigourous wnker...i love oppossums""

we get all sorts
heck i once met a nekrophilic
and least your warm fur preferance..lives

""telepathic mindlaundering of idiot on web""

dont worry
we find you very revealing

""you no..speky...""

yes no wankey no spanky
get it?

""wot did you actually..try""

anything that didnt turn me into ben/dover

""unsuccessfully to badly""

naturally

...""communicate"'

no your too hard to read
yet we feel we are reading you loud and clear

lonely
nuthin to say
its allright ol mate
[are you still hitting ya wife"..or just the likkle spit..

anyhow
nice to think out what your trying to say
now i know its not much..but heck mate it lookes nice

good effort
i give it a 3..or maybe a 4

keep trying
i found it very trying
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 16 February 2012 3:49:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr howard the champion of the carbon price. Did not get through to his apprentices to well, One minute it was yes and the next it was no.
Mr Costello said. And therefore a strong dollar enriches all Australians, was he right.
Our economy is no one, with sound economic management, and because this is the correct time to bring about a surplus, to take us into the next 4 years.
Australia's economy is going through a massive transformation.
Mr Joyce is best to vacate his seat, so the AU flag carrier can be put back to being a responsible transport again
Posted by 579, Thursday, 16 February 2012 4:06:29 PM
Ha ha ha ha.... ha ha ha
ha ha haha ...ha ha ha
ha ha hahahaha ha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ha ha ha ah aha ah ahha
ha ha ha ha.. ha

ha
ha
Posted by dozer, Friday, 17 February 2012 12:18:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy