The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > East Timor’s presidential elections: Ramos Horta's chances of re-election > Comments

East Timor’s presidential elections: Ramos Horta's chances of re-election : Comments

By Dionisio Da Cruz Pereira, published 8/2/2012

Horta’s contributions for East Timor’s future in Asia are paramount.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
There is a continuing suspicion among foreigners that it is the UN and foreign ideas, foreign planning and foreign aid that is developing East Timor while the East Timorese leaders politic despite a country.

A tiny country with an over abundance of parties and politicians. The overlapping roles of Prime Minister and President, in a place smaller than Sydney, have still not been resolved.

Are any East Timorese leaders involved in central planning and the nitty gritty of infrastructure building (such as the country’s road system) to raise material standards of living?

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 8 February 2012 9:52:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An interesting review of Mr Ramos-Xorta's chances of re-election - but could it be a little biased? Having researched on line I found reports of discontent with his sometimes possibly self-indulgent activities - such as the recent Hollywood junket and his association with the bizarre Caroline Pemberton for East Timor Tourism incident. All in all I find East Timor's politics even more difficult to decipher than my own country's - I only pray that the best man ( I too believe it will be a man!) that the best man wins and that Timor Leste is the happier,more peaceful.more prosperous and more equitable for that. The Maubere people who showed such formidable courage in August 1999 surely deserve better times.
Posted by alohamaubere, Wednesday, 8 February 2012 4:59:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy