The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s time for Julia Gillard to go > Comments

It’s time for Julia Gillard to go : Comments

By Tess Lawrence, published 7/2/2012

Hobble away on one shoe while you still can.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Marilyn Because you don't like her doesn't count, you should take into account our economy to form your opinions.
Didn't bishop get a belting today.
Hasbeen, We are doing fine, Turnbull would be the better option for the coalition, at least the man can talk. Tony is an embarrassment. The same negativity as last year. Nothing to contribute. Abbott accused Julia of dropping poker machine regulations. [ he must be in favor ]
New poker machine regulations be ready by the mid year
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 7 February 2012 4:25:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Labor were to replace Gillard with Rudd I really think that would be the end of the line, with Rudd losing a vote of confidence.

Put another way, Rudd claims that if he returns he will be doing a Napoleon.

If Rudd does a Napoleon, Abbott will do a Duke of Wellington.

How much longer do we have to endure this sleazy, accident-prone government? What is the moral position of a government that relies on the support of Slipper and Thomson?

With the world about to collapse into another major depression, we need a good, stable government that can steer us through the turbulent waters ahead.

Of course if Abbott becomes Prime Minister, he would need to do something about the Senate. I would expect a double dissolution on stopping the boats.
Posted by plerdsus, Tuesday, 7 February 2012 4:27:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting analogy, plerdsus.

>>If Rudd does a Napoleon, Abbott will do a Duke of Wellington<<

In that scenario, who will take the part of General Bülow and his Prussians?

Not Bob Brown and the Greens, surely...?
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 7 February 2012 4:34:09 PM
Hasbeen "Suse I'm afraid your taste is all in the wrong place.
When did you first discover this attraction to slimy con men, that you display?"

Is that so?
If that was the case, then I would be also be attracted to some posters on this site :)

Which slimy con-man politician are you attracted to then, Hasbeen?
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 7 February 2012 4:34:18 PM
Marilyn Shepherd:
"Let's get one thing very clear from the outset - Gillard is racist to the core, I have attended meetings and had talks with her about refugees and the Iraq war that curdled my blood with her total disinterest in anyone not white and "good migrants' like her parents and her".

That's rather a startling accusation to level against the Prime Minister and I would hope based on more than your impressions. Another matter they talked about on RN this morning was the prevalence of low-brow, vicious and libilous commentary that gets aired in social media. Not sure where you stand there but I am interested in the phrase "racist to the core", since we are all racist, xenophobic or prejudiced to some degree beneath the political correctness that tends to modify our utterences--at least those of us who are constrained by civil convention. In my experience it's usually the men who are guilty of transgressions against decorum--indeed it's an Australian institution for the blokes--yet here we are with a hastily thrown-off invective, written by a women for a woman, and another woman throwing fuel on the pyre. For shame, ladies!
More incongruous for me than all is I find myself defending a politician I would much rather criticise--for her policies and lack of vision--than make excuses for apparent intolerance, or at least innuendo.
You do the cause against hardcore racism no good in hurtling the charge against anything the least bit suggestive, and I'd recommend you make sure you have some solid evidence before you name the subjects of your calumnies.
Unfortunately Gillard ministers to a largely intolerant electorate and is bound to be motivated as much by popular opinion as her own ostensible prejudices.
Though granted I'm tired of her romantic tale of her rags to riches, hardworking immigrant roots.
Posted by Squeers, Tuesday, 7 February 2012 4:55:07 PM
Interesting times we live in.
In a recent article in The Age - the following
caught my eye:

"Despite the media's relentless speculation about
the PM's leadership and while holding a minority
government together during a period of major
reform the PM continues to be more popular than
her opponent."

Therefore perhaps the question that we should be
asking is "How much longer will the Coalition put
up with consistently unpopular key people such
as Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey when far more
popular and competent people like Malcolm Turnbull
are binding their time in the wings?"

According to The Age: "The unpopularity of Tony Abbott
and Co., will probably make the Coalition unelectable
at the next election."

Therefore - we should follow The Age newspaper - and ask:

"When will journalists pick up on this story and apply
some heat where it belongs?"
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 7 February 2012 6:06:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy