The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > UNESCO unmoved to try and end humanitarian crisis > Comments

UNESCO unmoved to try and end humanitarian crisis : Comments

By David Singer, published 31/1/2012

Millions of dollars of humanitarian funding are at risk because UNESCO refuses to get a legal opinion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
#To stezza

So - we disagree on the maths.

Who decides who has got it wrong? Do we just agree to disagree?

I note you are very silent on the question of whether "Palestine" is a State and qualifies to be admitted to UNESCO.

I would guess you probably disagree with me when I say it doesn't - because in my view it does not comply with the provisions of customary international law as codified in the Montevideo Convention.

To you that would probably be irrelevant as well.

So who decides this issue? Do we again just agree to disagree?

These issues require urgent judicial resolution - given the circumstances UNESCO now finds itself in.

Your claim that UNESCO should not be spending money to prove to people like me that they are correct - ignores the fact that possibly I might be correct and they might be wrong.

Isn't the slightest possibility of recouping $188 million in 2012-2013 and similar amounts every two years thereafter worth an investment of $100000?

I am sure there are lots of litigation funders who would relish the opportunity to take on this case for UNESCO for a 20% share of any additional funds flowing to UNESCO.

Maybe UNESCO believes I might just be correct - since they have chosen to refuse to discuss my detailed submission given to them two months ago.

You gave me your maths in a few days.

Why has UNESCO got a problem giving me the same answer as yours - and also justifying the basis on which the Executive Board recommended that Palestine qualified to be admitted as a member state?

I hope you don't work for UNESCO.

Doing nothing in the current crisis - as you suggest - will put your job at real risk of disappearing.

Once more - I post the link to the petition for you to sign:
http://www.change.org/petitions/unesco-review-palestines-unconstitutional-membership
Posted by david singer, Saturday, 4 February 2012 10:11:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David Singer,

You said "Revealing the personal details of the other 899 signatories to my petition will sure keep you occupied for probably the rest of your unnatural life."

I don't think providing a link to a person's LinkedIn account is revealing personal details, especially when they are supplied by that individual precisely for unrestricted access.

The reason for pointing out where Ms Cedarbaum's sympathies lie is to illustrate that she is quite typical your petitioners who notably are far more concerned with serving Israel's interest than those of the defunded peoples and projects around the world. In fact I would venture to say that 90% would fall into this category, though probably not 'Customer Support' from Cupertino, California. I hope you don't count it in your tally.

As to my 'unnatural  life' it is always heartening to see cracks in your veneer and you even managed to slip 'Jew hater' into the post.

Regarding my 'obsessive natural'. I'm afraid I have only had the time to research and contact one or two a night. It is impossible  doing this on site so it is the best I can manage.

Finally I have promised to sign your petition if you reach 2000 by the end of the month and have already said I will put my full details up then. As you say what is good for the goose...
Posted by csteele, Saturday, 4 February 2012 1:57:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David 'sign this petition' Singer,

You wanting to discuss the legalities is simply a smokescreen for hiding the fact you are wanting and urging people to harm innocents.

Isn't it David?

That is what I've claimed you are doing on many previous occassions and you keep cowardly running away from the obvious answer.

You as a lawyer have absolutely no credibility until you defend yourself on this issue as it is a fundamental of our democratic and legal systems that we don't punish innocents.
Posted by imajulianutter, Sunday, 5 February 2012 3:35:49 PM
#To csteele

Breathtaking reply!!

Whilst you spend the next eighteen months doing your intrusive and forensic analysis into 900 people who signed my petition, I hope you will have enough time to count the millions of people who will suffer as they see UNESCO funding withdrawn from programs designed to improve their lives.

By the way - your work load has increased.

There are now more than 1000 people who have signed the petition.

I don't intend to respond to any of your future posts until you withdraw and apologize for your unconscionable behaviour - other than to state "persona non grata"

#To Keith Kennelly (alias imajulianutter)

How many innocents will be harmed by this unlawful decision of UNESCO? Ten million? 50 million? 100 million?

We can only wait and see what unfolds as UNESCO cuts its programs to make up for the loss of $260 million until 2013.

Wake up and try to understand what is happening at this very moment to people all around the world whose lives have been changed by UNESCO's decision.

If you can come up with a better suggestion than mine then let me into the secret.

In the meantime take the time to think about signing this petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/unesco-review-palestines-unconstitutional-membership
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 9 February 2012 1:29:14 PM
So I have become one of David Singer's persona non gratis individuals.

Thus I have joined the millions of Palestinians who exist under brutal Israeli rule, the millions more who live in wretched refugee camps, and the tens of thousands who rot in Israeli jails.

You sir do me great honour.

Thank you.
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 9 February 2012 8:36:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy