The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Online media needs to lift its game > Comments

Online media needs to lift its game : Comments

By Vic Alhadeff, published 25/1/2012

Online media should take more care to police anti-semitic comments on their sites.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Anti-Semitic comments?

Have you seen the Anti-Muslim comments?

Come on......
Posted by Savvas Tzionis, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 8:09:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If those are the best examples that Vic can come up with then there would not appear to be a severe problem. There are, indeed, many idiots on the internet. Many hang around OLO and I might even be one of them!
Posted by michael_in_adelaide, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 8:42:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vic:

Ten ways to toughen up:-

Some points that may help, from “Management today”.

1. Don’t take it personally.
2. Believe in yourself.
3. It’s OK to make mistakes
4. Success needs to outnumber mistakes.
5. Don’t be distracted.
6. Hold your nerve.
7. Don’t compare yourself with others.
8. Let go of anger.
9. Take a few risks.
10. Recognise the importance of switching off.

Many people in this country are unhappy with the "Zionists". Maybe you people on the inside should deal with the extremists among you, to improve the public image of Jews generally.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 9:39:04 AM
Oh come on Vic mate, feeling a bit sorry for ourselves today are we?

I am pro Israel, & always have been, but too much of this rubbish, & that could change. Cry babies are hard to take.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 9:45:05 AM
"The New York Times introduced a pilot program for "trusted commenters". Readers with a history of exemplary comments are offered this status and their submissions are automatically accepted."
What has happened to 'free speech'.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
"Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write."
So said Voltaire,

I don't think I would go as far as Voltaire, but I agree with what he said.
You would think more than any other people the Jews would understand genocide, yet they haven't had a problem exercising it against the Palestinians for decades.
I wounder if that would get published in the New York Times as a trusted comment. I think not.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 10:19:44 AM
One of the problems is that the average punter can't distinguish between Jews and Zionists and unfortunately in the minds of the many all Jews are Zionists which is fortunately not the case.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 10:35:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy