The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The prime minister's uranium u-turn > Comments

The prime minister's uranium u-turn : Comments

By Jim Green, published 16/11/2011

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty has already been damaged and weakened, but that is no justification for Australia to weaken it further.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Jullia has made some strong dicicions lately, which is a good thing, I am just wondering why the turn around.

Of cause there are also the high risk decisions like the carbon tax.

But looking positive in my view.

As for Indian racisum, blame those annoying Indians constantly invading our personal time, trying hard to sell you something we don't want.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 17 November 2011 5:43:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is a test for the libs, The greens aint gonna support it , so it will be up to Abbott , will Abbott stay his course of no.,
Posted by 579, Thursday, 17 November 2011 7:53:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

The Coalition lifted the ban in 2007 and exported uranium to India. Labor re instated the ban in 2008. The coalition is already on the record as welcoming Labor's return to the coalition policy.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 17 November 2011 11:36:34 AM
579, what is it that you feel the libs have been unreasonable about in opposing bills put up by labor.

Is it the carbon tax, or more so, the fact that we, the smallest omitter are trying to fix a global problem almost singlehandedly. Not to mention that th vast majority are opposed to this big new tax, and quite frankly, don't trust that they will be no worse off.

Is it the proposed mining tax a tax that may well put unwarranted stress on the only sector that is heading north.

Or, is it the fac that labor's track record shows that they have not got one thing right in the past four odd years.

I think you will find little residence from the libs, I can't say the same for the greens however.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 17 November 2011 7:39:22 PM
Gee the truth hurts some times, hey!
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 19 November 2011 7:42:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy