The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Britain's recent riots have given much food for thought on the racial tensions present in Australia. > Comments

Britain's recent riots have given much food for thought on the racial tensions present in Australia. : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 5/10/2011

If white people are constantly told how culturally different their Asian or black neighbours are, and if Asians and blacks are told to be vigilant against white racism, all groups might conclude that they have little in common.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
You guys are a hoot.

>>The elites are "full spectrum", they have a finger in every pie and operate on all levels including the occult and the metaphysical, it takes a broad understanding of a range of disciplines to be able to assimilate all the information.<<

Of course it does, Jay Of Melbourne, of course it does.

Thank goodness we have you and Arjay working tirelessly to scour the internet for the incredible revelations by all the dedicated nutjobs who keep an eye out for these pesky elites. Where would we be without you, I wonder.

Oh sorry. Did I say nutjobs, I really meant...

Actually, that will do nicely.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 7 October 2011 7:31:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Incidentally...

>>The other day I witnessed a gang attack in Strathmore, 30 youths of White, Islander and Lebanese background armed with tree stakes, baseball bats and other makeshift weapons were chasing two other kids, one White one Asian. Then a few days later I heard the rival gang caught up with the attackers and two kids ended up in hospital.<<

I don't believe you.

Don't ask me why. It's just intuition.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 7 October 2011 7:34:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles...ah what's the point...the author points out that these "Gangs" are multicultural, I add an anecdote which backs that conclusion and you get all catty about it because you don't like what Arjay and I think about other matters.
To borrow a phrase from my teenage daughter, "Real mature Dad"...followed by the rolling of the eyes.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 7 October 2011 2:28:38 PM
Pericles in denial yet again.The Bankster fraud is up Pericles and the people are becoming aware.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 7 October 2011 8:59:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh boy! There are so many assumptions in this article that I think are just based on incorrect ideas about the underlying reasons for racial discord.

I do however admire Transveers faith in Australian ethnic communities to buck world trends and come together cohesively and I found myself liking him and his article for that reason.

The one thing he said that fills me with hope and optimism for the future in multicultural Australia is this:-

<I would argue that our most important statistic, one that particularly separates us from Britain, is that we have the highest rate of mixed marriage in the world, according to a study by Professor Bob Birrell at Monash University in 2010. This shows our ethnic communities are less likely to cluster into so-called ghettos and then pass on a siege mentality to future generations.>

I do disagree with this statement however:-
<The notion of race, which lacks a biological authority but is a powerful cultural and social category, stirs the primitive within us. Our survival instincts have created an innate fear of difference.>

In fact so called racism is totally biologically driven, it is about protection of bloodline at the biological survival level.

Racism is as a cough is to the flu, it is an outward symptom, characterized by displays of hostility and aggression, that comes from a much deeper and more deadly instinct that is seen right across the animal kingdom and it is called territorial hostility in biological, scientific studies, and not racial hostility as it is mistakenly called when humans do it. It is one of the two big survival instincts imbued by nature in every species, being:- the sexual instinct and the territorial instinct.

Put plainly; the mixing of bloodlines, high rates of mixed marriage, will ensure a cohesive peaceful future in Australia. Tribalism, that is forming huge non intregrated tribes will lead to conflict sooner or later.

However the statistics from the Monash University above regarding the level of mixed marriage in Australia is a reason for much optimism in a peaceful future.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 8 October 2011 10:21:24 PM
Cherful, yeah the rate of interracial partnering cited in that study is high by world standards but it's still only 3.5% of White Australian and 0.4% of non White, non Indigenous Australians as a percentage of the whole.
It's true that the percentage is higher than the U.S for example,where the rates were less than 2% last time I looked.
I don't know what hope you hold out based on those figures, ethnic consolidation is what's preventing widespread conflict, assimilation is causing the problems.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 9 October 2011 4:53:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy