The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Katter's Queensland > Comments

Katter's Queensland : Comments

By Zach Davis-Hancock, published 16/9/2011

What it will take to win the sushine state.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
pelican, there is not enough room for both Katter and The Queensland party, Katter can do it, the Queensland Party can not, It looks like they are very similar anyway, I'm not sure what the noise is about, if the rules of law have been broken then the QP have to do the job, if not they should get on board with Katters mob and help make the changes needed for their commumities....nev
Posted by Nev, Sunday, 18 September 2011 9:27:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican

I agree.

Ideologically there is little that divides the two major parties.

Most politics today is not even theatre, it's comic opera. There's little of substance. It owes more to Gilbert and Sullivan than Marx and Adam Smith.

Now who will be Gillard's lord high executioner?

Who will be Abbott's?
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Sunday, 18 September 2011 10:17:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Zach Hancock is an advisor to the Coalition.It is in his interests to paint Katter as extreme right.Whenever an new party enters the fray,both the Coalition and labor gang up to eliminate them under bogus claims of extremism.

Both labor and the Coalition are controlled by large corp interests.We do not live in a democracy as witnessed by Gillards' intro of a carbon tax."There will be no carbon tax under a Govt I lead."

We need a new party not controlled by the money of large corp interests.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 18 September 2011 4:03:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
True Arjay.

In the case of the coalition they will adopt the 'extreme' policies of the new entity if it is successful in order to neuter it - ala Hanson. While Labor attempts to out do Howard in the 'mean and tricky' and 'lying rodent' stakes. I never thought it was possible but the proof is in.

It is time for a political party to represent the people rather than the unions, the business lobby, the religious right and themselves.

Even as we speak Ruddock is trying to stave off an attempt by the radical religious right within his party to take over his seat when he retires.

The only consolation is that the relevance of Labor and Liberal is diminishing as they adopt and out do each others stupid policies.

"Now who will be Gillard's lord high executioner?" The faceless men of course.

"Who will be Abbott's?" Eventually he will do or say something apart from "NO" or "A GREAT BIG wotever" and jam both his feet in his mouth again.
Posted by Neutral, Sunday, 18 September 2011 4:36:32 PM
Meg,
You are spot on. A very intelligent posting and I thank you for it.
The TQP should support Katter rather than crying foul.
If they had any gumption they should join completely and back Katter.
Keep up the fight.
KaliG
Posted by KaliG, Sunday, 18 September 2011 6:53:14 PM
I like the way G.K. Chesterton put it 90 years ago:

>>The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.>>
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Sunday, 18 September 2011 9:11:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy