The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How the left has been left-behind by the right > Comments

How the left has been left-behind by the right : Comments

By Steven Meyer, published 12/9/2011

While the left chases mirages the some one the right are actually addressing issues of domestic injustice.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
So much anger and such a sense of entitlement!

You are entitled to a free session with a psychologist, you know. Make an appointment with your doctor, explain how you see things and you'll get a referral to someone who can help get your thinking a bit more in line with reality.

That level of anger is bad for you. Lots of studies show this but I suppose medicine is also agin white men?
Posted by Mollydukes, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 3:19:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Formersnag,

Let's be honest - there aren't really any 'metrosexual softies', we are all randy goats - some of us are open about it, some of us try to schmooze the sheilas, but it's all just to get into their knickers.

BTT: The 'Left', although it depends what is meant by what is really an out-dated term, used to be vaguely related to the working-class, especially those necessarily white men in manufacturing and mining. Earlier, say back in Henry Lawson's day, it referred much more to rural laborers. But the world has changed somewhat since Henry Lawson's time - really it has changed fundamentally since the end of the Vietnam War, which, by the way, the great majority of the Australian working-class supported. That was their right to do so, but it is indicative of how far off-track the 'Left' was even back then.

Or maybe it was the working-class who had wandered off the track to Utopia ? Or maybe they just had more sense ? Either way, their numbers have withered away over the past forty years, while their kids took advantage of free uni education, and on to clean-hands, air-conditioned employment, protesting fiercely all the while about the evils of the world. Well, at least for a short while.

So nowadays, a vastly higher proportion of the work-force are professional people, most of whom of course have working-class origins: I wonder where they would be now if all those migrants hadn't been allowed to come to Australia to do the sh!tty jobs ?

This professional class has its own class-orientation, and purpose, and first and foremost its purpose is to maintain the systems, the welfare system, the class system and to act as the indispensable, stabilising, intermediary in the hierarchy between the labouring classes and the ruling classes, in lifelong careers. So it has little incentive to reform the system, let alone overthrow it.

So it leaves the social system alone and f@rts around with environmental issues, and these have now become 'Left'. Notions/fears of 'communism' are as antiquated as disputes over Arianism and Jensenism in Christianity.
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 4:39:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12598#217819

Ho Hum, we moderate, centrist have no fear of communists.

Which facts? Every single word of loony left dogma is deliberate, premeditated lies.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12598#217826

Bugsy, you have the oportunity to repent now, after the next federal election, it will be too late, then you can recieve REAL christian "tough love".

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12598#217827

Mollydukes, so white men are "entitled" to nothing.

Yes you will be entitled to regular free sessions of "rehabilitation" with psychologists in between your "community work".

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12598#217834

Loudmouth joe, yes i do understand all that rationalisation of the last half century or so, but you are wrong about almost all of it.

Why do you think i use the name formersnag? i USED to talk all that PC rubbish to "get into their knickers" too.

The "left" is not an outdated term, they never went anywhere, they just keep updating their weasel words, spin, dogma, etc, etc, etc.

they never forgot about the cold war, they still are trying to destroy capitalism, as the old saying goes " you have to break some eggs to make an omlette", that is what they have been doing, if that means some children get neglected/abused, if some white men get unemployed, some poverty gets created, then for the closet communists, so be it.

the PC, Thought Police turned white men into the enemy of loony left politics for their glorious revolution, while being too stupid to see they were "divide & conquer" TOOLS of the ruling elites from both the radical, extreme, loony left & raving right, against us white men in the middle.

All left wing politics on day one was a "counter revolutionary" strategy of the pope & filthy, stinking, super rich, to foil "the enlightenment" of "protestant christianity" which was democratising the first world, several hundred years ago.

i know you wont admit it yet, joe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt investigate some real history, instead of the spinganda they feed you.

the medical science is indisputable, no human is stupid enough to have done what the loony left have done by mistake, especially when you consider all the uni degrees.
Posted by Formersnag, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 5:32:02 PM
You might be close to the mark, Formersnag: "All left wing politics on day one was a "counter revolutionary" strategy of the pope & filthy, stinking, super rich, to foil "the enlightenment" of "protestant christianity" which was democratising the first world, several hundred years ago."

But you don't have to attribute such puppeteering skills to the pope - against the fuzzy, incomplete and imperfect principles of the Enlightenment, there were many, many retreats, and I am coming to think that Marx's Communism was one of them - an attempt to organise a Utopia on earth, to re-integrate state and a secular form of total belief, along with the (he hoped, but it didn't really matter) willing submergence of the individual once more in the collective. In other words, a pre-Enlightenment, or anti-Enlightenment, total system, where ideology competed with and replaced religion, which in turn directed the state, obliterating the boundaries between the two, and as a necessary prerequisite, obliterated individuality as well.

So Marxism was perhaps a retreat from the separation of state from religion (secularism), and religion from the individual (i.e. conscience, consciousness), and the boundaries on the rights of the state to intrude in the lives of individuals (i.e. private life, and civil society). In application, Marxism, Bolshevism, Sovietism, and the 'Chinese Way' attempted to impose a nominally secular totalising system, one more pervasive than any Pope or Tsar ever attained.

In this sense - and this is a great surprise to me too - communism may have been a reactionary system, by no means a revolutionary one: what its adherents sought wasn't a great step forward, but really a mighty step backwards, to the certainties and control of absolutist systems: Papist theocracy without popes, absolutism without kings or emperors, a system in which the 'Pope' and the 'Caesar' were one, the Party, i.e. the 'Leader'.

[TBC]
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 6:06:14 PM
[contd]

The world is inevitably imperfect, unfinished, uncertain, but full of surprises and unexpected innovations. Reactionaries of all colours find all of this to be anathema, and always have.

Hence, this grotesque informal alliance, or at least apologetics, between 'Leftists' like Chomsky, Chavez and the Castros, and Gaddafi, Mugabe, al Qaida and assorted thugs. Not just because these thugs pose as anti-Americans, which suckers the Western 'Left', but because they all fear an Enlightened world.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 6:08:08 PM
You make me laugh Formersnag.

You're like a rocket missing a stabiliser fin.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 7:50:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy