The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Marriage equality: the cold, hard facts > Comments

Marriage equality: the cold, hard facts : Comments

By Rodney Croome, published 24/8/2011

The children of same sex couples experience an increased sense of security, recognition and inclusion that is directly related to their parents' marriage and sense of well-being.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Jon J,
I agree that Governments should not interfere with relationships and we need on laws unless it is contractual. you said, "Let's fight for the government to pull out of personal relationships altogether".

It would be good if Governments completly ignored same sex relationships merely bound by love. However relationships where children are involved Society must employ government to make sure they are cared for, because they are often neglected, disadvantaged and abused.

Gay relationships based on love is not the business of the Government. However it is not marriage that the gay lobby seek it is their right to children.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 4:53:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I do find it a little sad that so many people seem to accept that the church and/or state has any legitimate role in our private lives whatsoever."

Jon I'd prefer them to drop government registration of relationship status altogether but can't imagine any scenario where a government in this country is likely to do that for a very long time. Nor can I image them declaring heterosexual couples who don't have the care of children from that relationship no longer married.

In the interim the marriage issue seems to stand as symbol of discrimination, highlighted by the determination by the homomaybenotphobic lobby to fight same sex marriage.

I'd like the government to back off all sorts of things but while they are meddling and some appear to want them meddling it should not be the basis of discrimination based on weak excuses.

If Philo and co are serious they should be lobbying not against same sex marriage but rather for a requirement that couples document their intention to have children together before marrying and for the dissolution of any marriages where children are not forthcoming.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 5:10:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RObert
You had about twenty wrong apostrophes in your first post this morning but none in your two late afternoon posts. What did you have for lunch?
Posted by GlenC, Thursday, 25 August 2011 12:08:07 AM
Philo
I would agree that the homosexual marriage lobby groups are after the children.

They are also trying to portray homosexuality as being better than heterosexuality, and now trying to say that children of homosexual parents are better than children of heterosexual parents.

In essence, they are trying to portray homosexuality as being "the new normal”.

There is nothing normal or natural about IVF, and all indicators are that the future of IVF is heading towards cloning babies and producing designer children.

I have heard no one from homosexual marriage lobby groups even mention such issues, and this could only mean they are totally ignorant of it or they are in full support of it.

Either is bad enough.
Posted by vanna, Thursday, 25 August 2011 8:12:32 AM
Have we already forgotten the little girl who recently had her biological father's name removed from her birth certificate? I wonder if she thinks about that while she commutes from her 'birth mother''s home to her lesbian 'used to be partner of birth mother's' home for 'contact'? My problem is not that lesbians had a child, my problem is that this child has been pulled so many ways keeping the adults (who in my view more or less 'own' her) happy, there can be little time for 'happy' in her own head. We appear to have developed a very selfish view of children at present, they are a 'lifestyle choice'. Sad.
Posted by ruthie2011, Thursday, 25 August 2011 12:24:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ruthie2011
It was not the child who had the father's name removed from the birth certificate. It was the lesbian mother who had his name removed.

This is despite the following:

"By the time the baby was born he had spent almost $10,000 on the midwife, on weekly naturopathic and chiropractic treatments and shiatsu massages for the birth mother."

"When his daughter was one, he went to the Family Court and won the right to see her every second Saturday for five hours, and on Fathers' Day, Christmas and school holidays. He also paid $150 a week in maintenance and even bought a house near her school to make visits easier. Williams estimates he has spent $50,000 in legal fees trying to retain a meaningful relationship with his daughter, now 10."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sperm-donor-court-case-reveals-a-fight-to-remove-dads/story-fn6mh6b5-1226119198120

Why aren't such issues being mentioned by the homosexual marriage lobby groups?

Possibly too much to hide, and probably the fact homosexuality is closely aligned with feminism, which so often treats the father as nothing more than a sperm donor and paypacket only.
Posted by vanna, Thursday, 25 August 2011 12:37:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy