The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Climate change at Radio National > Comments

Climate change at Radio National : Comments

By Valerie Yule, published 12/8/2011

If 10 percent of Australians are smart, how is it that only 2 percent of them listen to Radio National?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
The reason for declining interest in Radio National and the rest of the ABC is simple: everything they can do, the Internet can do better. And cheaper. But -- harking back to the title of the article for a moment -- let's not forget their manifest bias in favour of AGW hysteria and other politically correct causes, which is rapidly destroying any credibility that have left.

See, for instance:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/?s=robyn+williams
Posted by Jon J, Friday, 12 August 2011 12:50:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the music on Radio National is just awful.
If we wanted to hear only foreign music (90 percent of radio national music) we would tune into ethnic stations.

The ABC needs a good shake up.
It is a known fact that only Gay males and gay women are employed at the ABC TV and radio.

Heterosexual people need not bother seeking employment at the ABC
as they are immediatly rejected.
And they never learn the real reason that they are rejected.

Also corruption is rife at the ABC.

They could survive on just ten million dollars a year (which is much more than channel 31 TV in melbourne and various non profit radio stations all combined have for their budgets)

But the ABC has an unbelievable budget of ONE BILLION DOLLARS !

There is no real accountability and there is open slather embezzlement.
Outrageous, but many departments are like that.
The defence department has massive corruption with tens of billions wasted or embezzled.
Posted by poetforalark, Friday, 12 August 2011 12:54:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Valerie, the 98% of Australian’s that do not listen to ABC Radio National are very smart. I’m not sure what is meant by “intelligent programming” or how this contributes to “reducing the intelligence of the nation”. What I could suggest is that it is the ABC that is dragging the anchor chain in news and current affairs. Primarily because it sees only what “it” wants to see. Which leaves the ABC in isolation from majority public sentiment, the numbers confirm this.

Privatize the ABC or the 2% should fund it. They are a bunch of dysfunctional, ideological, festering sleazebags that do not deserve to be supported by the democracy they abuse.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 12 August 2011 2:35:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Popnperish, I see that you are taking Phillip Adams at his own valuation of himself.

I wonder if he has any idea of what goes on in the world. He obviously can't see anything, blinded as he is by his own brilliance.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 12 August 2011 2:55:58 PM
>>If 10 percent of Australians are smart, how is it that only 2 percent of them listen to Radio National?>>

Maybe your premises are wrong.

Maybe the reality is that 98% of Australians are smart and the 2% that are stupid listen to Radion National.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Friday, 12 August 2011 3:14:01 PM
Hey spindoc. I am one of the "dysfunctional, ideological, festering sleazebags that do not deserve to be supported by the democracy they abuse" and I am proud to be so. I work in education so I may be educating your children or grandchildren. Be very scared as I will try to teach them tolerance and respect for all.

I love Radio National and find most other radio stations difficult to bear. I do pay a lot of taxes and subsidies to other forms of media through increased prices due to advertising. Don't think other media comes for free, we all pay for it, just more honestly for the ABC
Posted by fancynancy, Friday, 12 August 2011 3:36:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy