The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > More to a dog than tricks > Comments

More to a dog than tricks : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 5/7/2011

Perhaps your dog knows you better than you think.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
we have a cross fox terrier and he has conditioned me to wake up at certain times of night to take him for a walk to answer the call of nature. I'd rather have a full night's sleep, but if that's what it takes to kave this excellent mobile burglar alarm around, then I'm willing to pay that price.

He can also read us like a book and prefers eating when we all eat, rather than eating alone. And he doesn't like to be kept waiting.
Posted by SHRODE, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 10:37:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We have a three year old labrador who I call the 'wallet-flattener' but she is a member of our family. She looks me in the face to gauge whether its car time, walking time or beach time.

I can't work out if it's my own anthropomorphism or whether dogs really are trying to communicate with us. If they are trying to communicate, I'd say they'd want us to get rid of Clover Moore and the Greens in the Senate and return us to a more rustic Queensland National Party setting of the 'good ole days'.

Unless of course your pooch lives in inner urban Melbourne or Sydney and it wears a gay pride coat of many colours and is called 'Gavin'.
Posted by Cheryl, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 11:37:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The more we learn about how animals really think, the less comfortable we will be about driving them from their homes, cutting off their food supplies, exploiting them for money and killing them inhumanely.
Posted by floatinglili, Saturday, 9 July 2011 9:18:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy