The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ashraf City – human rights and regime change > Comments

Ashraf City – human rights and regime change : Comments

By David Shoebridge, published 11/5/2011

How is it that military attacks on a refugee camp in Iraq can be made at the behest of Iran?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
This may sound harsh. But, I don't really care. That's a few that won't be coming to Australia or any other Western Country. Don't wory theirs plenty more where they came from.

If the Yanks had have done this there would have been screaming from the rooftops, demonstrations & flag burning. I haven't seen any of that here. So if they don't care, neither do I.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 11 May 2011 5:19:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
it is extraordinary that the united nations is taking such a 'laid back' approach to what is so clearly an abrogation of human and civil rights, particularly when the residents of ashraf city have been recognised under the fourth geneva convention. australia should take a strong stand on this issue, as well as removing the pmoi and ncri from the list of prohibited organisations. also, the list should be corrected in that the pmoi and ncri are not alternative names for the same organisation: this is how they are (erroneously) listed on the foreign affairs listing (this happened under downer). the residents of ashraf city clearly come within the definition of 'refugee' and 'asylum seeker' in the circumstances and countries should be prepared to offer them safety in relocation.
note - i am a member of australian supporters of democracy in iran, however, write this as an individual and not for asdi
Posted by jocelynne, Saturday, 14 May 2011 2:00:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy