The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What price cluster bombs? > Comments

What price cluster bombs? : Comments

By Azhar Abidi, published 4/5/2011

146 financial institutions from fifteen countries around the world provide over US$43 billion worth of financial services to seven producers of cluster bombs.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Azhar Abidi,

What a hoax is human life!

Some of us are underfed and constantly hungry.

Some of us earn just enough to feed themselves.

Some of us earn more than what is enough.

The latter group set the excess aside for a rainy day.

Their savings cause a rain of bullets and bombs.

‘Bombs, Cluster bombs and Atomic ones’
Posted by skeptic, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 10:49:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Azhar, we hear you and like landmines they tend to maim civilians long after the soldiers have gone home.

You do need to distinguish between what the funding is to armament manufacturers in general and how much of this goes to cluster bomb production. I think you will find that there is also a distinction between those who still make and store these but have not recently used them and those who buy and do use them.

For instance Spain does a roaring trade in making and selling them, the ones recently used in Libya were supplied by Spain.

You need to do a little more work on specifics but I do agree that such crippling injuries are very tragic
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 3:44:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spinner

"You need to do a little more work on specifics but I do agree that such crippling injuries are very tragic"

Hello! Its war. See spindoc, the name of the game is to kill as many people as you can. See, humans haven't evolved enough to understand population sustainability, and war does make countries lots of money.

Your a number, not a name.

Get with the program:)

LEA
Posted by Quantumleap, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 4:29:42 PM
Great article Azhar, I had heard about this decision of ACSI on the radio today, it is good that they are leading ahead of the government - upon whose interpretation their own legislation is of little meaning.

I will be checking with my super co about what their reaction will be.
Posted by Q Ball, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 8:25:45 PM
Yes! Play all you want:) humans will still be you:)

This is a small planet and you/we need to suck the life out of it, just to keep your enormities.....pardon the overs:) While you grow....the world fails................and I know, you dont have the answers.

7.......Billion and growing......and you have an answer....go away and grow up.

The world will be waiting.

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 10:13:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy