The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to build the societal resilience that matters > Comments

How to build the societal resilience that matters : Comments

By Brian Holden, published 15/4/2011

Excising spin from modern society would go a long way towards making it more resilient.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Brian Holden complains about media and government “spin”, and then engages in plenty of left wing spin himself.

It is obvious from Brian’s rant that he dislikes Howard, endorses the idea that the entire third world should immediately barge into Australia, does not like religious values being taught in schools, dislikes Alan Jones, and thinks that Jones’s audience are easily manipulated idiots. Brian prefers to support the Muslims who were terrorizing the people of Cronulla at the expense of his own people in Cronulla, and rather incredibly, says that the noble ABC “should take a stand against spin”, when it is in fact the prime offender.

Brian compares Howard with Hitler which is pure spin. He thinks that the “children overboard” incident is a scandal of Watergate proportions when most people see it as nothing more than a spinned up storm in a teacup. He claims that “asylum seekers” ( a spin on “country shopping illegal immigrants”) are of good character, when everybody in Australia knows that the “refugee” area of Cabramatta is the heroin capitol of Australia, while the endemic drive by killings in the Muslim areas of Sydney have made this capitol city the Chicago of the Pacific.

Prior to the advent of “shock jock” radio, there was little cultural diversity in the media. Most of the media, especially the ABC, consistently reported the news through the distorted lens of left wing ideology. But Brian thinks that having balance in the media is bad because anything which contradicts left wing spin is to be deplored.

Brian also deplores religious spin in schools, and presumably wants children educated with left wing spin by paid, public service “ethicists” who will preach the new Word according to Marx.

Brian obviously believes that he and people who hold his peculiar views are the keepers of the gate of all that is good and holy, and anyone who opposes his sacred humanitarian ideology is the manifestation of evil
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 16 April 2011 4:44:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Brian writes

'Why does the ABC bring the likes of the raving Christopher Pyne and chronically hyperventilating Barnaby Joyce into our living rooms?'

He would prefer Catherine Deveny spewing her vile or the science astrolger Flannery trying to explain his failed dogma or the godless high priest Dawkins making a fool of himself. No wonder the ABC is considered a joke by thinking people. Brian is certainly out of touch with all except the extremist left which are championed by his beloved national broadcasters.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 17 April 2011 11:50:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Brian Holden<our children must be made aware that it is human nature to ignore evidence contrary to an established belief. Our
Children must be made aware that a structure based on a
Foundation of lies will inevitably collapse>

How do the above statements by Brian Holden apply to the idea that multiculturalism can work.

Let’s look at the evidence:- Tribal and ethnic cleansing wars over control of Territory(Countries)

1. Israel and Palestine - Territorial fight between 2 tribes over the land
2.East Timor - 2 tribes, the Indonesian Militia and Timorese,
Over control of Timor
3. Sri Lanka - 2tribes, The Tamils and the original Sri Lankan tribe
20 year war over territorial control.
4. The IRA - 2 tribes, The Irish and the British Settlers
Terrorist war over control of Ireland
5. Rwanda - 2 tribes, Tutis and Hutus, mass genocide because of
Fear of territorial takeover by Tutis.
6. Somali - 2tribes, territorial warfare
7. Solomons - Indigenous tribe, attacks Chinese tribe,burning their
Businesses
8. Fiji - 2tribes, immigrant Indians and indigenous Fijians,
Military coup for control of Fiji.
9. Bosnia -2tribes, massacre of muslim Bosnians by white Serbs
10. Russia -2tribes, Chechnyans and White Russians

WW2 Germany - 2tribes, Germans and Jews, wholesale slaughter of the
Jewish tribe, bought to a head by The Great Depression
In the 1930’s which plunged Germany into near economic
Insolvency. Not enough to go around you see.

WW1 - The Serbs didn’t like German rule, one of the
Royal family was assassinated on a goodwill visit
To the Serbian area. Germany goes to war with the Serbs
who bring the Russians in to defend them. Once again War
Is kicked off by 2tribes, with territorial control issues.

Maybe Brian, our children should not be encouraged to ignore evidence that is contrary to the belief ,that multiculturalism will work, based on the above historical evidence that the human animal is dangerously tribal and territorial
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 18 April 2011 12:00:09 AM
Wow, Cherful....go to the top of the class for the most simplistic analysis of history ever written.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 18 April 2011 7:29:04 AM
Poirot, <Wow,Cherful…..go to the top of the class for the most simplistic analysis of history ever written.>

I strongly disagree. Historians don’t look beyond the excuses given by religions, conquerors and countries for their murderous deeds. Looking beyond the lies and political whitewash propaganda you will always find the same underlying components in all wars and ethnic genocide in history.

There is always the taking of land or territory, or the attempt to do so(the demanding of separate states and countries within countries for example)
Even religious wars when examined closely have less to do with religion and more to do with tribal hatred and territorial issues. The Israel,Palestinian war is a territorial tribal fight over the land. Nothing more and nothing less. Forget any rhetoric or excuse from either side
It is all about the land.

In Western Papua at the moment, the Indonesians have taken control of a goldmine over on the Papuan side of the border and have killed thousands of the local natives. Why? They are milking the territorial wealth from the goldmine to enhance the survival of their own Indonesian families(tribe). They don’t give a damm about the Papuans because
Put simply, they are not their kin or bloodline.

Any human bloodline that looses any right to own land or territory can quickly become a dying group of people, such as the American Indians.
There were many more examples in history of the extinction of dispossessed Races.

Today the dispossessed who have managed to escape the tribal hostility have no where to call home except a refugee camp. Without world aid they would stand a good chance of extinction eventually.
Like the animals, the human species needs territory to survive and that’s why we fight such bloody wars over it
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 18 April 2011 10:10:56 PM
To Cherful

You appear to be yet another naive person who thinks that the world is populated by "oppressors" and the "oppressed." You seem to think that World Peace will ensue when the "oppressors" are denounced and the "oppressed" are supported, because the "oppressed" are rooly nice guys who would never dream of furthering their own self interests through violence. But if you ever studied world history, you will find that all of your "oppressed" engaged in a bit of "oppressing" themselves whenever they had the opportunity.

Perhaps you watched "Avatar" so many times that you are unable to discern reality from fantasy.

In almost every society on this planet, the indiginous populations have owned the land since the time when their ancestors expelled the previous owners.

When it comes to imperial expansion, the human race is completely non racist. Every single race and culture which has been strong enough to expand their borders into the lands of backward tribes has done so. Civilisation has always advanced at the point of a sword.

The history of the human race is one where larger groups have always swallowed up smaller groups to create even larger national identities, and had this never occured, the entire human race today would be composed of a million mutually hostile tribes and still be stuck in the Stone Age. Although you probably would think that a good thing, as all humans would still be communing with nature.

Take Israel and Palestine for example. Either the Jews keep the land and persecute the Muslims, or the Muslims will do the same thing to the Jews. There are no good guys or bad guys in that conflict, it is just a matter of which tribe will end up owning the territory through force of arms. I support the Jews, because I like the secular Jews for their intelligence, and I despise the Muslims for their medieval religious mindset whos culture I consider a threat to my own people.

The history of the world reveals
A very simple plan
He takes who has the power
He holds, who can
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 6:05:05 AM
To Cherful

I apologise for misreading your post. Afer re reading it, I see that your views are similar to mine. Well done. I can always tell an intelligent person, they think the same way that I do.

I skimmed your first few sentences which appeared to be parrotting the usual left wing Party line, and I did not bother to read furthur. It was only when I sent my post that I read your entire message and understood your first sentences in context.

Ten thousand pardons.
Your obedient slave
LEGO
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 6:14:58 AM
Dear Lego,

I was a bit puzzled when I saw your response to my post, but then I saw that you had misread it. I have done this myself on occasions.

I particularly liked the paragraph where you said,
<The history of the human race is one where larger groups have always swallowed up smaller groups to create even larger national identities and had this never occurred the human race today would be composed of a million mutually hostile tribes and still stuck in the stone age.>

Integration is a more sensible path to pursue than one of multi-tribal apartheid. This can only lead to conflict and blood shed in the long term. Why don't people understand this and decide to achieve integration peacefully
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 21 April 2011 11:30:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy