The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Am I my Palestinian brother’s keeper? > Comments

Am I my Palestinian brother’s keeper? : Comments

By Dave Smith, published 5/4/2011

Marrickville Council, BDS, and the politics of shame.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
These may be of interest on the question of apartheid:

Al-Walaja story
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcodiFkotgk
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBeztx5Lcv8
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mramhyCQlI
Posted by Stan1, Thursday, 14 April 2011 7:03:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stan1,

Although you do not intend to respond further on this site, I took the courtesy of reading the references you provided.

"Supreme Court backs Jews-only housing in Jaffa" (Haaretz.com Nov 09 2010)

The “Jews-only housing” was an apartment block being built for a religious Zionist community, to which local Arabs apparently wanted residential access.

And ... as reported in the same article:

“Attorney Gil Gan-Mor of the Association for Civil Rights in Israel said ‘the decision is disappointing," but he pointed out that the ruling includes statements that will prevent this kind of discrimination from happening again in the future.’”

As to:

"War crimes: Israeli government documents show deliberate policy to keep Gazans at near-starvation levels." (GlobalResearch.ca Nov 08 2010)

The article is quite extraordinary. It does not provide evidence as to any policy to keep Gazans at near-starvation levels; nor any evidence indeed that this occurred.

On accessing the link provided, I found that the document to which the writer refers is related to the capacity of trucks and tankers supplying Gaza; a obvious aim was to ensure supplies didn't run out.

Additionally, there was no difference made per capita between the needs of children and of adults, thereby ensuring ample food for children.

Extracts from:

“Procedure for monitoring and assessing inventories inventories in the Gaza Strip

The Method: As a rule, the level of daily consumption of each of the basic products was calculated by data from the Palestinian Bureau of Statistics according to the level of per capita consumption of each product multiplied by the population of the Gaza Strip. (pp.4-5)”

Appendix E. Shows the approved quota for diesel for the power plant is greater than daily consumption; whilst gas has unlimited quota. (p.11)

“The mission: Providing permission to transfer Goods into Gaza to meet the basic humanitarian needs of the Palestinian population in accordance with directives and changeing guidelines. (p.15)

cont ...
Posted by Danielle, Friday, 15 April 2011 7:05:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Identifying the Needs: Needs and demands can be raised by various sources: including The Gaza economic branch, the Gaza international organization’s department, head of civilian division branches, PA bodies, various government ministries, international parties, media, reports and publications, inquiries by Israeli parties, petitions to the judicial system. (pp.15-16)

Deciding on a Policy: a) The necessity of the product for maintaining humanitarian needs, including consequences for public health ... (p.16)”

The only caveat appears to be on those products which Hamas could use, such as
calcium hydroxide. (see p. 20)

This is indeed a strange site. This article appears alongside conspiracy theories about 9/11; articles affirming the benign intentions for Iran’s nuclear program ... and Australia also gets a serve.

I have not looked at the youtubes you provided. I suspect these are at the same level of accuracy you subscribed to the afore articles. I have not the time.
Posted by Danielle, Friday, 15 April 2011 7:14:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy