The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Will women lose when O'Farrell wins? > Comments

Will women lose when O'Farrell wins? : Comments

By Tim Brunero, published 21/3/2011

New South Wales Labor has done a lot for women, can O'Farrell match up?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Your article could not be more irrelevant, Tim.

You ask:” will Barry O'Farrell and the famously conservative Christian Right faction of the NSW Liberals be as interested in the advancement of women as its Labor party foes”

For the first ten years they should concentrate on righting as much as possible of the diabolical mess that Labor have made of this State.

I hope that they will look for the best person for any job which arises, as Labor accidentally did in the case of its selection of the Governor, Marie Bashir.

Forget the ideological garbage, just for the time it takes to do the urgent and necessary work to bring the State to the functionality which it lost all those years ago, when John Fahey left office.

You do a great job of irrelevant and despicable smearing, Tim, but leave the thinking, and policy making, to someone with the capacity to do it effectively, and appropriately. It is well outside of your limitations.
Posted by Leo Lane, Monday, 21 March 2011 10:34:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'HasBeen' has provided a 'Meatloaf' moment - "You took the words right outa my mouth..."

I thought Tim must have had his 'Chaser' hat on during this article.

Let's face it, if the Emily's Listers are running government - ie. those women who put infanticide above all other publio policy outcomes - then the David Clarke's of this world merely bring equilibrium to the body politic. One begets the other. Neither should be necessary.
Posted by Reality Check, Monday, 21 March 2011 11:55:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I third the meatloaf moment...

Why would you highlight the role of women in a government so woeful that even Keating's 'baseball bat' analogy seems unable to express voter rage?

If that is the best women can do give me men any day. And as an added bonus we get to save $800 000 on breast feeding (I never realised breast feeding was so expensive!).
Posted by dane, Monday, 21 March 2011 5:14:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy