The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Final briefing on same sex marriage > Comments

Final briefing on same sex marriage : Comments

By Alan Austin, published 8/3/2011

This transcript is just in from the Pearly Gates. Our source, Alan Austin, has dreamed a dream.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Clownfish , unfortunately yes , but I have to inform that I have no affiliation with any religion .
Might I add that you have surprised me .
Posted by Garum Masala, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 1:19:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What always amazes me about these type of articles are the READER'S COMMENTS! Many of them are absolutely vile, homophobic, myopic in their spectrum - theologically and sociologically. You will often find that even websites purporting to offer a Christian insight can vehemently spew letters of hate and non-acceptance of others who do not agree with their position! Pathetic!

Rather than present "ad hominem" vitriol, I wish that those with differing viewpoints would intelligently present contrary arguments. Ultra conservative viewpoints should also be respected - but not when they come forward with negativity and hate. C'mon! a fair-go for all please...
Posted by Yuri, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 1:40:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK runner. I'll bite.

>>David G totally perverts the scriptures in order to back his view.<<

Which of the excerpts are the "perversions"??

I personally found most of them fairly straightforward. To me, they demonstrated the manner in which various religious groups interpret the scriptures, specifically, in order to promulgate their own sect's beliefs.

But I'm willing to learn.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 2:46:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Great article - witty, well informed, and pointed.

Scriptures demand time and again that we should be tolerant and inclusive; it's a shame we're so often the opposite.

runner - there's plenty of evidence of homosexual behaviour in the animal kingdom, so why do you say homosexuality is "unnatural"?
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 2:48:37 PM
Rhian

runner - there's plenty of evidence of homosexual behaviour in the animal kingdom, so why do you say homosexuality is "unnatural"?

animals do all sorts of things that are unhealthy and unnatural. We happen to have a conscience. Animals don't. Have you ever watched monkeys eat each others waste at a zoo.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 3:34:47 PM
No, runner, that’s not an entertainment I’ve ever experienced.

Unhealthy, probably. Unnatural? Can animals act contrary to nature? Or are you using “natural” in a normative sense on how animals SHOULD behave? And if so, who’s to decide?
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 3:42:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy