The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Robert Plant and my part in his renaissance: CD Review Robert Plant and the Band of Joy > Comments

Robert Plant and my part in his renaissance: CD Review Robert Plant and the Band of Joy : Comments

By Tim Dunlop, published 28/1/2011

Tim Dunlop reviews the life and work of Robert Plant on the way to reviewing Band of Joy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I enjoyed this article; I am partly in sympathy; it amused me to recall the days when I began to shift my collection from vinyl to cd.
For my part it was all about trying to save space, and I did it extremely reluctantly as I have never heard a format more aesthetically pleasing than the black circle.

But I cannot share the writer's musical odyssey. Perhaps because I selfishly never let go of my obsession of the next sound for the diversions of family or other pursuits.

The 80's came, the 90's rolled on and I continued to hang out for inordinate hours in record shops, checking out the new and unknown and read every music mag going, and I got deep into avant-garde (Einstuzende Neubauten ), krautrock, psychedelia, dub, post-punk, qawalli music, Italian horror film soundtracks and everything in between.

So I never felt 'out' of music. I'm drenched in sound. But it is lovely to know that others who got stuck in a rut came back to contemporary worlds with great artists like Williams, and Laura Cantrell etc.

Now. Go wrap yr ears round some Jim Jones and it's 1957 all over again. :)
Posted by Kulturtrager, Sunday, 30 January 2011 4:42:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy