The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bounce won't stop that sinking feeling > Comments

Bounce won't stop that sinking feeling : Comments

By Graham Young, published 24/1/2011

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh has performed well during the Queensland floods, but gains won't last.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
If Anna Bligh wants to show leadership,she needs to do what the State of North Dakota did a long time ago,ie create a new State Govt Bank that can pay for infrastructure free from debt.Nth Dakota has an operating surplus and is not in debt like the rest of the USA States.

All our new money to equal increases in GDP is created by the private banking system as debt,when in fact should created by the Govt as a tax credit.This is why the more growth we have,the more debt we incur.We can never achieve growth rates of China @ 10-12% because our growth is based on expanding debt.

Neither of the major parties have any courage or vision,they fall in line with what the large corporates tell them.That is why our Govts are so useless and impotent.They do not Govern for the people.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 24 January 2011 9:26:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Surely any Government that imagines that humans control the climate need to be replaced. How on earth can taxes control the damage that is being done by a burgeoning population?
The main pollutant affecting earth is a plague of human beings. We strip natural areas, currently to provide bio fuels, and do nothing to control population explosion.
Posted by phoenix94, Monday, 24 January 2011 9:30:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham, I never realised you were so cruel.

Almost made me feel sorry fro the lady. Almost.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 24 January 2011 9:49:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The real thing here is where was Langbroek during the floods - or anytime for that matter. Besides cheap political pointscoring and whineing who is he?

I think Anna did a great job during the floods. Now I don't agree with her on a lot of things - especially the lack of calling the police force into line over the Mulrunji Doomagee killing, as there should be a royal commission into it, but she shows more leadership than the LNP
Posted by Aka, Monday, 24 January 2011 5:50:02 PM
Wow... a man with no shame. Liberal Party politicking, trying to capitalise on a horrific natural disaster... am I only the one who feels a bit ill? Now is really not the time to be discussing which of our two clone-like political parties is superior.
Posted by Aleister Crowley, Tuesday, 25 January 2011 1:40:19 AM
It is a shame that Campbell Newman will-not enter state politics.
Posted by benk, Tuesday, 25 January 2011 6:20:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy