The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Intelligent Design: scientists afraid of finding the truth? > Comments

Intelligent Design: scientists afraid of finding the truth? : Comments

By Brian Pollard, published 21/10/2005

Brian Pollard argues that we are denying children the possibility of discovering the truth if we don't teach Intelligent Design in schools.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. 41
  9. Page 42
  10. 43
  11. All
Just to clarify, David L, your answer was brilliant in how it offered an explanation of the biological evolution. When it comes to souls, that's where evolution doesn't matter, souls being not biological but spiritual.
Posted by Jose, Monday, 7 November 2005 12:05:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jose, the big bang theory is virtually extinct. As astronomers look further into the universe, the more unlikely it is becoming. Now it appears that galaxies are expanding outwards towards and away from each other as well as moving in different directions as a whole. This could mean that this universe was either always here, or is an evolving transitionary universe where matter comes in from some where else and goes out to somewhere else. Our sun could be burning on fuel from another dimension outside this one.

To me the big bang theory is as plausible as ID. The Big bang can't explain where that ball came from, nor can ID explain where god got his material to build the universe. They say from nothing, so the big bang theorists can say the same thing, the ball came from nothing. Stalemate.

Now lets get back to reality and realise that both god and the big bang, are in a bottle, marked hic
Posted by The alchemist, Monday, 7 November 2005 1:04:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles: I am not appealing to 'my position' but the actual reality of the question at hand. The respondents answered the question asked, with the wording given. As such, the wording given to the question in question clearly supports my contention.

Gallup's narrative was not the question, but their own comments afterwards. That their narrative is not inconsistent with my position is fairly obvious when you take into consideration that they also state that many people did not really know much about intelligent design.

Your hypocrisy in complaining about personal attacks is lame as every post but your first has included a personal attack on me. Get over yourself.

There seems to be little point in continuing this discussion with you pericles, so I expect this will be my last response to you. I stand by my position that the poll quoted indicates over 80% of the population believes ID to be correct.
Posted by Alan Grey, Monday, 7 November 2005 2:18:19 PM
Deuc: Actually, I don't understand most of your points. Nothing dishonest about it. You seem to labor under nonsensical notions about causation and logic, so I am not suprised that many of your comments are somewhat confused.

You have simply ignored when I have dealt with your comments so I fail to see any use in continuing to do so now.

Good day to you sir.
Posted by Alan Grey, Monday, 7 November 2005 3:40:34 PM
Thanks Jose.

I agree that science has no comment to make on souls.

The Big Bang is a scientific theory where there is some evidence but there is still some debate and new evidence continues to be checked out.

The "cause of the Big Bang" is mostly speculation by scientists (cosmologists), mathematicians and philosophers. The Big Bang itself is also thought to be the begining of time, so the physics of the event is speculative in itself. How can one imagine real timelessness?

It's a big question as to whether science can even try to probe this far back (or far away?) for evidence. I guess it will be speculation for a long, long while. The more we know, the more there is we don't know.

This is why I believe science or scientfic progress is no threat to anyone's religious belief. You cannot run your moral or spiritual life on science.
Posted by David Latimer, Monday, 7 November 2005 3:59:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grey/Alan Grey, I think we can agree on this.

>>There seems to be little point in continuing this discussion with you pericles, so I expect this will be my last response to you. I stand by my position that the poll quoted indicates over 80% of the population believes ID to be correct.<<

Now that you have stopped claiming that you are right, and have accepted that your interpretation of what you believe was going through Gallup's mind - and that of the responding public - is just a "position", I can rest easy.

The fact that your understanding is coloured by the need to exaggerate the amount of apparent support that your ideas have out in the real world is totally understandable, given the weight of evidence against you.

And please, don't get on your high horse about personal attacks, or I will be forced to put together a collage of your juicier contributions. I think I will find a few items - from both Grey and Alan Grey - that will establish new boundaries for the concept of hypocrisy.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 7 November 2005 4:42:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. 41
  9. Page 42
  10. 43
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy