The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Taming the beast within > Comments

Taming the beast within : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 1/11/2010

The myth of the fully autonomous self is destructive of person and community.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
boxgum
"Hence goodness, being of man, is in all men and women so is not limited to the people of God."

It is nice to read a post from a religious person that acknowledges that goodness is not limited to the faithful but is inherently of the human.

:)
Posted by pelican, Monday, 8 November 2010 5:41:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican, Peter didnt mean that. You are giving him more credit than is his due. He's be disappointed to learn that you think what you do. People of his ilk really believe that only God-lovers and "Yeah"-sayers are the good ones. Something an atheist can never be. Try him again and clear up this little misunderstanding

socratease
Posted by socratease, Monday, 8 November 2010 10:00:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
socratease
My comment was in response to boxgum. I am aware of Peter's lack of faith in the 'goodness' of non-believers but like you, I don't share his scepticism.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 8 November 2010 10:06:11 PM
About sin, the Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings be upon him) has said,

"By the One who holds my soul! If you don't sin, God would erase you and create a people who sin and then ask for forgiveness, so that God could shower forgiveness upon them."

We are perfectly human.
Posted by grateful, Sunday, 28 November 2010 12:34:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy