The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Murray Darling Basin Plan - an act of sabotage > Comments

Murray Darling Basin Plan - an act of sabotage : Comments

By Sussan Ley, published 15/10/2010

The aim should be for healthy working rivers that are not over allocated and that support the environment and communities.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
TTM The 21 may 2011 is the go. Thats when it happens. Richie knows that.

597. I know he knows. It will be most interesting. I think I'll mark it down on my calendar too. Smile.

I thought the answers was clear in what the best angle was.

As I see it, investment in infrastructure like a centralized man-made water source of the grandest ever seen, and when water from flood times or storms bloats the river systems, huge pumping stations with giant water moving capacities along with a direct underground pipelines filling this five football field size concrete hole in the ground, and in a short time, all will have more water than one knows what to do with. ( 500 to 1000 meters deep. An upside down pyramid shape and decline )

Then When up and running( a year or two to fill it ), The next seasons of flood waters comes ( and this time with NO agriculture drain ) through and flush all that's needed and the environment which is directly at the main blunt end of the stick, comes back to life almost over-night so to speak.

This is BIG PICTURE THINKING and since our continent is the driest in the world,( and getting drier for a long time to come ) and higher demands from the our systems, which will not hold up as our population will grow to the 44 million, and NO one is getting ready for it!

We might have the best brains/lifestyles in the world, but we don't have the best visions That the 21 century will demand! The end game will be, that all our systems will crash and fail, and that will hurt all.

We all know it! Its only a matter of time.

If Australia does not think BIG in the near future, sorry!

The collapse of this counties systems will be fast, and the economy will be a slow and dieing one.

It your choice Australia!

WATER! When you have it! your a winner. WATER!

And its as simple as that.

TTM
Posted by think than move, Sunday, 17 October 2010 2:58:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This situation over the Murray-Darlin is a power grab by the United Nations. In the long run the Snowy River Scheme will be sold and then that will mark an era where all water will be sold down stream.

If you want to stop this take over from Internationalists, then you need contest any group acting in a Government role, or foreign powers. You must non-comply with any take over and entrench the right stated in the Constitution s.100 to irrigate without limits.
Posted by TheBThing, Sunday, 17 October 2010 7:36:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And still No answer to the best actions concerning our predicament.

And you all wonder why our/Your government has to employ out-side help. lol.

Start thinking............or...........loose the lot! and you know what I mean.

Good luck.

TT
Posted by think than move, Sunday, 17 October 2010 10:56:10 PM
579, the lakes are fully seperated from the Coorong by the barrages and they do just as you say. The Coorong is connected to the sea via the mouth. I think the problem is because of the barrages there is not enough water volume exchanging between the coorong and the sea to keep the Mouth open. The southern ocean can shift enough sand to block the mouth with out a consistent clearing flow.

The lakes lose 800GL a year in evaporation, and are held some 80cm above sea level. They were not freshwater all the time, yet that is what people now expect them to be. So much so that they were going to risk acid soils rather than allowing nature to take it's course and let saltwater back in. And then use acid soils as the basis for more water.
The average annual flow to the Coorong/Sea(maybe not adjusted for the last 5 years results) is still over 5000GL, enough to turnover the whole lakes volume 2.5 times as it is.
Posted by rojo, Sunday, 17 October 2010 10:57:00 PM
[Deleted. Off topic.]
Posted by Richie 10, Monday, 18 October 2010 1:43:55 AM
We should be building more dams.153,000GL pours into the ocean in Nth Qld,and hardly a drop is harvested.We have become the can't do nation and have made ourselves slaves to the large corporate interests.The trading of water rights will see the big end of town own amd control most of our farms.We will soon be net importers of food soon if we do not wake up.

The Greens are controlled by the large corporate interests.Just look at who send them donations.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 18 October 2010 8:44:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy