The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sexism alive and well in Australia > Comments

Sexism alive and well in Australia : Comments

By Melinda Tankard Reist, published 4/10/2010

Attitudes towards women in our own so-called liberated western democracy desperately need an overhaul.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
You guys are heaps funny.

I loved the bit about devil worshipping communists.

James,

'One needs a really over active imagination to think that the picture of one woman and 3 males clothed depicts gang rape.'

Either that or too much time in gender studies at university.

'Maybe it is someones fantasy?'
Rape fantasies are very common amongst women. Ever read Nancy Friday? A history of sexual repression makes the fantasy of rape a convenient way to be slutty and not feel guilty about it.

Of course MTR thinks rape is the universal male fantasy.

Actually I think the whole concept of fantasy is foreign to MTR, and sexual depiction is always an incitement to action and a representation of the norm.

Just like with the lynx adverts, she thinks appealing to mens supposed fantasies is an incitement, and effectively she wants to censor the available scope of fantasies to romantic candlelight dinners.

I get the impression she thinks men shouldn't be allowed to be 'gratified' without permission. Maybe she's into domination.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 6 October 2010 9:06:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I get the impression she thinks men shouldn't be allowed to be 'gratified' without permission. Maybe she's into domination."

I think almost all feminist condemation of male heterosexuality, they paint a picture of the sexually aggressive male and the passive female(which is in it self sexist).

Much is written about male pleasure or gratification. Perhaps I should add if the ladies aren't getting any pleasure, then they are going to bed with the wrong type of bloke.

The old victorian idea that the woman, must be lying back thinking of england and that women did not want or like to have sex.

Rather emotive statements like 'willing participant in her own subordination'

There was talk and wish I could remember where I read it about, female partners, deliberately delaying intercourse, to increase male arousal.

I have some thoughts on this which perhaps would get me burned at the stake, drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, neuterd, decapitated, boiled in oil, skinned alive, and not necessarily in that order.

Oh I for got 'keel hauled'and buried alive and worst of all, get labelled as a mysognist, just for daring to try and explore a topic which may produce some rather interesting discussions and insights.
Posted by JamesH, Wednesday, 6 October 2010 12:38:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'willing participant in her own subordination'

Hahaha! Like a guy who stands up for a woman on public transport:-)
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 6 October 2010 12:52:32 PM
Who has first dibs on a seat?

It starts from the highest ranked human, to lowest.

The ruling monarch, then the ruling family, followed by the elected Prime Minister, and cabinet ministers etc, all the way down the hierachial line.

Basically us blokes are on the lowest point, on the ranking scale, otherwise why would you give up a comfortable seat, willingly.

We have to stand back to let the monarchs and royal family and politicans to enter a doorway before we do or stand up as they enter.

CEO's of companies get first dibs, over the lowerly factory floor worker.

If I didn't get up to offer my seat, my grandmother would clip my ears. She was the ruling monarch and nobody, I mean nobody crossed her.
Posted by JamesH, Wednesday, 6 October 2010 1:39:09 PM
Well I am a woman and I have often given up my seat for an elderly person of either gender, a pregnant woman, or a person who is clearly disabled in some way.

It is no big deal. Give up your seat or don't it is your choice. It used to be called manners.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 6 October 2010 1:44:18 PM
Thats very gentlemanly of you pelican.

(sorry just stirring xxxxxxxooooooo)
Posted by JamesH, Wednesday, 6 October 2010 1:48:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy