The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why do terrorists blow themselves up? > Comments

Why do terrorists blow themselves up? : Comments

By Riaz Hassan, published 17/9/2010

Increasing numbers of youth in conflict zones view suicide attacks as a way to call attention to the plight of their community.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
You see, as Vice President to Reagan, AND ex-director of the CIA, he could not have been naïve to any of this, but on the contrary, instrumental. The first Gulf War when he became President was an extension of this already complicated wheeling and dealing under the table for arms, oil, resources and influence in the region both personally and politically. Of this, George Bush Snr has been a key player for a very long time. Unlike his son GWB, he is a very bright and shrewd individual…you do not become Director of the CIA because you’re an idiot, but because you are highly intelligent, skilled and ruthless.

But any idiot can win the presidency…watch the next two elections in the US, when Jeb Bush and Sarah Palin hit the campaign trail! Jeb is currently Governor of Texas, and what’s in Alaska where Sarah hails from?? A lot of un-tapped oil is what. My prediction...Jeb for President with Sarah as Vice President on the same ticket put forward by the Republicans. Possibly the other way around, but another Bush in the White House, would again give the corridors of power and the Industrial Military Complex a lot more control and a sense of stability with a return to the status quo, and they would try to rid themselves of the Health plan the Democrats have put in, and re-direct it to the military, which means they’ll find reason to be threatened, for the weapons of war must be used…they are consumable products, and companies that manufacture these things would go broke If they weren’t consumed, they require repeat business! So it’s utilized in “national interests” for resources and geo-political influence for those resources. The US spends more of a percentage of its GDP on its military, than any other country on the planet. It’s trillions of dollars EVERY YEAR. We cannot escape this indisputable fact of the powerful influence to foreign and domestic policy this is.

And THAT has more to do with how nominees are selected for the public to vote upon.

TBC...
Posted by MindlessCruelty, Sunday, 19 September 2010 2:39:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Without going into the bits and pieces MC, I do believe you hit the bull in the eye in your overview of the power trail and the reasons and ramifications of it. A Jeb/Sarah ticket, you've got a hide, telling horror stories to us before bedtime, I know my nights sleep is shot.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 19 September 2010 3:40:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mindless Cruelty,

Thanks, I don't disagree with anything much you have written, it reinforces my point that the Yanks are not the sharpest tools in the box. Only I'm a bit flummoxed what it all has to do with 9/11 ? I suppose you are leading up to that :)

And I wouldn't swallow the US propaganda that Iraq was involved with al Qaida: Saddam had his own small links to terrorist groups in Lebanon and Palestine, links which were invariably based on his ideology, which was more nationalist/Arabist than Islamist and certainly not Salafist. There is more than one way to be a fascist.
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 19 September 2010 5:18:35 PM
I think a more relative question would be;
Why do we allow these cultures into our country, knowing full well what some from within are capable of?
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 20 September 2010 6:46:53 AM
Obama is merely a ripple. He’s a reflection of how the average American can articulate their disgust with how they have been led like puppets by a marionette, at the polls. Consequently he is an articulate and intelligent man, but the Republicans will attempt to usurp him and/or his government’s credibility in the next elections, but the following one is where the Republicans have a home-run, as Obama can’t run again, and unless there’s a second coming between now and then, the Democrats don’t have the talent to present to keep the mood of the people. The Republicans will scare the American people, as they always do, into voting for them. That’s their history since WWII, which ironically is the same amount of time that they haven’t been able to win a war. How bizarre! The most technologically advanced and powerful army on the planet hasn’t been able to win a war since 1945! That’s gotta make ya ask a question or two.

And this is what Eisenhower had to say about the Industrial Military Complex when leaving office, in 1961…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY Shortly afterwards, the Vietnam “police action”, turned into the “Vietnam War”. 18 months after this speech, JFK is assassinated by a “lone crazed gunman”, who was assassinated by another “lone crazed gunman”, after Kennedy announced a withdrawal from Vietnam. And strangely, instead a withdrawal, 24 hours after his death and before his body was even cold, LBJ commits 50,000 more troops to Vietnam. But of course there was no “conspiracy” to kill Kennedy…not with TWO “lone crazed gunmen?!?” And of course by sheer coincidence, his brother Bobby was also killed by a lone crazed gunman, just as he was wining a primary. Now, how could anyone believe there was a conspiracy? Please, gimme a break! And who did the Warren Commission appoint to investigate the assassination of JFK? Well gee, only the guys that Kennedy sacked from the CIA and Military…some of the leaders of the Industrial Military Complex! How is that NOT a stitch-up?

TBC...
Posted by MindlessCruelty, Monday, 20 September 2010 2:32:51 PM
MC, you might consider adding a tinfoil liner to your hat.
Posted by ChrisPer, Monday, 20 September 2010 3:03:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy