The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What Gillard's Government can do on cultural diversity > Comments

What Gillard's Government can do on cultural diversity : Comments

By Andrew Jakubowicz, published 15/9/2010

Multiculturalism is a whole-of-government issue. We need measured debate about policy objectives, priorities and programs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
People like the authour seem to think multiculturalism is fate even as it collapses all around them. From the Arizona immigration bill to the weekly protests in Britain against mass immigration to the mosque controversy in New York to the refugee issue in Australia to France banning the burqa to Geert Wilders set to become leader of Holland, it appears they'll always be atleast 50% of natives in a society that will not under any circumstances go along with the diversity Worldview.

The Tea Party have just won another primary in Delaware, this unity before diversity movement is now a revolution that looks like it will sweep the whole Western World. The tiny minority of people who supported the illogic of multiculturalism and the Orwellian "diversity is strength" insanity are in retreat, a new paradigm is emerging and everyone is going to be better for it.

The problem for multiculturalists in what do you do with the people who want their traditions, history and culture to be celebrated? You can't lock up 50% of the population.
Posted by TRUTHNOW78, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 1:39:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not so long ago, in a fit of self-congratulatory hubris, the then PM Kevin Rudd let the cat out of the bag that over-population (Big Australia) and 'diversity' were priority goals of 'his' government.

Unfortunately for Mr Rudd, who was probably blinded by the distant glow of a senior UN post, he completely forgot that he was supposed to be serving the long-suffering citizens of Australia and he had no mandate whatsoever for his 'Big Australia' nor for a 'A Big, Really Diverse Australia'. History shows that Mr Rudd soon ate a bullet for his disdain for accepting the will of the electorate.

If the Gillard government forgets the lesson delivered to Mr Rudd previously or to Labor in the recent federal election, Labor will very soon return to the opposition benches, decimated.
Posted by Cornflower, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 1:44:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I skimmed some of this blokes rubbish, but skipped most of it.

I am so sick of this stuff propagated by a fringe people in accademia, who are more interested in the opinion of their fellows in other such occupations elsewhere, than the opinion of their betters, who pay their salaries. I say occupation rather lightly, as it is hard to see what they do as employment. It is a definite fact, that given the option, most of us, their paymasters would make them redundant. The only thing most of them has ever done for Oz, is waste money, & reduce our enjoyment of our country of birth.

Roll on the Tea Party, where do I join, & could we import some of the leaders of chinese cultural revolution to act as advisers for our education policy.

Yes I know Graham, but I am so sick of my taxes being used to pay these people, who only want to bugger a perfectly good country.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 2:04:29 PM
Be careful what you pray for!

Anyone who thinks the "populist" Tea Party or Sarah Palin is the solution to anything at all is seriously deluded and have not done their home-work.

The "populist" Tea Party & Sarah Palin are brought to one and all by the deep pockets of billionaires, and loudly promoted by the raving looney psycho-paths at Fox "news" such as Glen Beck, Russ Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter etc etc. And by the entire USA right-wing (fear and loathing) noise machine too.

Check out the criticisms of the T-P and Sarah Palin at Truth Out and Reader Supported news.

Be afraid very afraid if you are in any sense a liberal in the USA.
Posted by Ho Hum, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 2:40:36 PM
By cultural diversity could you mean the difference between Abbott and Gillard?

Forgive me for the red herring but listening to Abbott this morning convinces me the Abbott space mobile left our planet some weeks ago as he is still talking about illegitimate govts. He just can't accept he didn't win.

He's bullying the independents and has since they stood up. Today Oakeshott cancelled a public meeting due to threats.

Any party leader should be in the media immediately decrying that disgusting offence but Abbott? Nothing, silence. After all it was probably the devil again, right?

This guy Abbott is truly a fruit cake. Doesn't think the govt is legitimate. Maybe he stood for govt in Iraq? Is that the problem as that hasn't been resolved after 8 months.

What is wrong with these people? A whole party cowering behind this creep as if he is worth something. He's a peanut in budgie smugglers and a lunatic out of them.
Posted by RobbyH, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 2:51:07 PM
Professor Jakubowicz is talking about solutions to the Race problem.
He's using Final Solution language in the link he's provided.
Not only that he's using his own work, his own Blog as a reference!
Now do you people see what I mean?
"Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries."

"The Netherlands and Belgium are more crowded than Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them."

"Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites."

"What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?"

"How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?"

"And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?"

"But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews."

"They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white."

"Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white."
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 4:33:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy