The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A solution for the Israeli-Palestine conflict > Comments

A solution for the Israeli-Palestine conflict : Comments

By David Fisher, published 16/9/2010

A secular state with opportunities for the Israelis and Palestinians to get to know each other would give peace a chance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
hmmm.. in the US, the blacks were not bombing the whites and firing rockets at them daily.

totally different but I get the point of the article, like most of the hand wringers around, "if only people would talk they would realize what little differences they have" what soppy rubbish, it has never worked to appease bullies

there are generations now of palestinians whose career is terror, what are they going to do - become shop owners? Taxi drivers, give up the AK-47 and the glory of martyrdom .. good luck with that, they don't want this conflict to ever end

the blacks in America wanted equal rights, the Palestinians want the Israelis wiped out, they have zero tolerance for non muslims.

tell me how you will overcome the religious hatred bred into the Palestinians and we might get somewhere - I believe we will have problems there forever, and the only solution is for both sides to fence themselves in and if one or the other attacks the other, then retribution is immediate - both ways.

the Israelis don't fire rockets into gaza every day do they? yet
Posted by Amicus, Thursday, 16 September 2010 8:54:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfortunately, David, when the Israelis, armed to the teeth and possessing nukes and having had 43 years of absolute power, see themselves as God's legitimate Children and see Palestinians as subhumans who have no right to be in Greater Israel, the chances for a viable one-state solution are nil.

Your hope is admirable. The Jewish reality will defeat it.
Posted by David G, Thursday, 16 September 2010 10:27:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Amicus and David G both have pointed out the difficulty of a solution. One sees the Palestinians as demons. The other sees the Jews as demons. Neither are demons. Both are human beings.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 16 September 2010 10:40:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfortunately, human beings are the problem, Davidf! The world would be a much better place without them.

Of course, if we could change their genetic code, get rid of their greed, their penchant for violence and killing, their sexual lust, their gullibility, etc, humans might become half-way decent.

Left to their own devices, they will eventually destroy themselves!
Posted by David G, Thursday, 16 September 2010 10:58:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10976#183081

spot on amicus,

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10976#183097

yes david, of course every word you said does not apply to radical, extremist Palestinians.

The real problem however is that while nice, "Kumbaya" notions like those espoused in the article are all very nice in theory. In reality the agenda gets hijacked by radical, extreme, loony, lefties. Communists, pretending to be "secular humanists". Practicing satanists, pretending to be "atheists" and both of them using secularism to destroy families, abuse children and destroy everything that is good in the world.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10976#183098

david f, could you please attempt to address my comment as well.
Posted by Formersnag, Thursday, 16 September 2010 11:02:55 AM
A Secular State governing for all is indeed the real solution David. We have had this debate before and you can be sure the Zionists will have no part of it.raising all the negative issues that continue to stand in the way of a peaceful solution. The US is probably the main snag as they will not give up their foothold in the M.E.
Hamas will continue to be demonised as the aggressor in Gaza and the Gaza population will continue to be punished because they elected Hamas.
Hillary CLinton is presently trying to stitch up a two state solution which will allow Israel to keep their settlements in the West Bank, but that will fail.

One thing for sure, Israel in it's present form will cease to exist, but when ? I don't know but rest assured, it cannot exist in the modern world.
Posted by maracas1, Thursday, 16 September 2010 11:35:45 AM
read the end of the book and you will see clearly that Israel will win this battle against the terrorist. All the screaming and kicking won't change the book that has proven to be 100 per cent accurate up to now.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 16 September 2010 12:23:04 PM
I don't think peace is possible.

The most likely outcome would appear to be that Israel eventually succumbs and takes most of the Middle-East down with it in a nuclear conflagration. Probably we'll see 50-100 million dead and the loss of a third of the world's oil pumping capacity within a period of a few hours.

How many will die in the aftermath as a radioactive cloud goes I know not where is beyond my capacity to judge.
Posted by lentaubman, Thursday, 16 September 2010 2:27:58 PM
Dear formersnag,

'Practicing satanists, pretending to be "atheists"'? I don't deal in fantasies. I know many atheists. They seem like genuine atheists to me. I see nothing to address in your comments.

Dear maracas1,

"you can be sure the Zionists will have no part of it." Zionists are people who want a Homeland for Jews. I am one of them. However, a Jewish Homeland for me is a place where a Jew can live in peace and freedom along with other people. We hoped Israel would be that place. I used to think Israel could be both a Jewish and a democratic state. I have come to the conclusion it cannot be both. If Australia became a Christian state I would be a second class citizen therefore I cannot support a Jewish state where other people are second class citizens. I assume many other Zionists think like I do.

The people in Gaza had a choice between a corrupt Palestine authority which was providing nothing and a fundamentalist Hamas which was providing services so they voted for Hamas. As a citizen of Australia I would prefer to have a better prime minister than either Gillard or Abbott, but those are the choices. The same thing is true for the Israelis. Netanyahu heads a minority government. Australians, Palestinians and Israelis all have had to choose from the available choices which weren't very good.

Dear David G,

The Jewish reality that you refer to includes me and others like me who genuinely wish for peace and are for separation of religion and state. You are possibly right. They may destroy themselves. I hope not. I wrote the article because that is a way I see where they won't destroy themselves. The world would be a nicer place without humans, but that's the species I am part of.

Dear runner,

The book you refer to along with the Koran is a large part of the problem.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 16 September 2010 2:47:09 PM
lentaubman

You could well be right.

Fortunately I get about on a bicycle so $10 a litre petrol, which is what we'll get after the Israelis reduce all the M-E oilfields to radio-active waste, won't affect me directly.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 16 September 2010 3:22:59 PM
david f

'The book you refer to along with the Koran is a large part of the problem.'

actually it is the only book with the answer.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 16 September 2010 3:43:45 PM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10976#183119

david f,

http://www.henrymakow.com/australian_satanist_exposes_wo.html

http://www.savethemales.ca/000482.html

http://www.savethemales.ca/000185.html

These articles are written by a moderate Jewish person who like yourself has rejected the radical, extreme Zionism we see in many aggressive Israelis continuing with the settlements on Palestinian land.

i myself am a christian who also wishes it was possible for Jews, Muslims and Christians to be able to live in peace in a single state Israel but i am also a realist.

There is almost no hope of this ever happening.

My own personal suggestion would be to expel all Muslims from both Israel and Lebanon, leaving both countries united with perhaps slightly different borders as a single Christians and Jews only state.

The Palestinians could have their own separate state comprising some of southern Israel and Egypt's Sinai region.

Getting back to our earlier discussion there is no fantasies about it. Satanists exist, just as Jews, Christians and Muslims do.

Atheism is not a religious belief system. It is merely the belief that there is no god at all behind any of the worlds religions. I also have met many atheists who are happy to live their lives ignoring the churches, etc.

But there are also many of them who evangelise their message worse than any bible basher i have ever met, why?

Answers easy, they have an agenda to destroy every synagogue, mosque and church in the world so they can bring about their international communist NWO. No religion, only the state, they also travel in the same circles as people who wear their pentagrams or "star of david" upside down.

Have a look at today's main page down the bottom for the article about Germain Gillard being sworn in by our GG.

http://www.savethemales.ca/

http://www.henrymakow.com/new_aussie_pm_is_communist_les.html

or any of the others. all left wing politics has been promoting child abuse for 50 years now, grooming children for abuse.
Posted by Formersnag, Thursday, 16 September 2010 6:11:00 PM
It seems that in the middle east we have the nub of humanity's problems - we have people who passionately believe that their imaginary friend is bigger and more powerful than everybody else's imaginary friend this rather immature delusion lies at the root of our problems
Posted by BAYGON, Thursday, 16 September 2010 10:56:17 PM
Dear BAYGON,

The delusion of an imaginary friend is not the nub of the problem. The nub of the problem is that a solution requires not disturbing the delusion. On olo we can talk about the imaginary friend. In the UN and in official talks we have to pretend that the imaginary friend exists. Obama can have a dark skin and be president of the United States. I cannot believe that he believes in an imaginary friend. However, if he were to say he does not believe in an imaginary friend he would never have been elected.
Posted by david f, Friday, 17 September 2010 3:54:28 AM
Nice to know youre looking forward to armageddon runner.
I bet you think you will be one of those "raptured" to sit "naked" beside god and watch while he maims and dismembers the rest of us.
Yes people that is what it says! Read the book! It really is that sick.

How people can read the horror story that is revelations and still believe their superfriend in the sky is a benevolent,loving dude is beyond me. More like a vicious, spiteful, psychopath that enjoys making people suffer.

People that believe this biblical end of the world are a danger to us all.
They will cheerfully loose nuclear war and endless death upon the world in the belief that is what their imaginary friend wants.
They must be stopped.
Posted by mikk, Saturday, 18 September 2010 12:30:18 PM
Mikk, people who are anxiously awaiting or trying to precipitate a nuclear war thinking that that will bring them Armageddon should be locked up. They are clearly deranged!

Unfortunately, religion is allowed free reign in our world and has no accountability no matter how dangerous or duplicitous it is.

Religion hangs around our neck like a huge anchor. It's time it was banished to the Dark Ages where it belongs!
Posted by David G, Saturday, 18 September 2010 12:51:48 PM
David G

Can you honestly seen any realistic outcome that does not include a nuclear conflagration?

I cannot see Israel succumbing quietly. To me it seems sef-evident that, threatened with the end of the Zionist dream, she will take her enemies down with her.

In other words, faced with the loss of the Jewish state they'll press the nuclear button.

Or do you seriously think the Israelis will say, "Oh well, that didn't work. We give up?"
Posted by lentaubman, Sunday, 19 September 2010 1:24:18 PM
Lentaubman, I have been warning about the strong probability that Israel, with or without the U.S., will initiate a nuclear war in the M.E. for many years.

It should be illegal for people who are religious fanatics of any kind to have weapons of any kind. They live in a world of make-believe and lack the maturity or the intellect or the judgement to use weapons responsibly.

I include Christian America in this category and some of the fundamentalist Islamic nations!
Posted by David G, Sunday, 19 September 2010 2:06:04 PM
David G

I think it unlikely that Israel would gratuitously seek to initiate a nuclear war. But I have little doubt that she would use her nukes in either of two circumstances:

(1) An effort to avert her own destruction

(2) To take her enemies down with her if destruction seemed inevitable - i.e. I doubt Israel would "die quietly".

As I said in a pervious post this would lead to 50 - 100 million dead in the first few hours plus the loss of around one third of the world's oil pumping capacity. How many would subsequently die from the radioactive fallout I cannot begin to estimate.

Your idea of depriving religious fanatics of weapons is a nice one but is impractical. Pakistan, for example, has a fast-growing nuclear arsenal. Iran will probably acquire one unless the Israelis or Americans are able to stop them.

As religious fanatics go I prefer the Israeli / American variety to the Pakistani / Iranian variety. I would be relieved if the Israelis were able to defang Iran but I doubt they have that capability.

I suspect that the Indians and Americans will attempt to seize Pakistan's nukes if that country seems about to fall into the hands of an AQ franchise.
Posted by lentaubman, Sunday, 19 September 2010 2:43:09 PM
Lentaubman, I foresee the following: America will bankrupt itself because it has over-extended itself imperially. It will also fall apart internally because 43 million Americans already live beneath the poverty line and that number is expected to grow.

Israel, taken off the huge American teat, will crumple and become a friendless, tinpot nation, one that has lots of weapons and nukes, but no fuel.

Israel will be moved to America where it belongs and the world will settle down, even move towards peace with the two major warmongers out of the way.

I can but hope!
Posted by David G, Sunday, 19 September 2010 2:58:28 PM
it seemed..a nice-day..to post some/opinion

israel...was i think/but..one of the 12 tribes..
that emerged/from the desert..[where-for art the rest?]

further..[noting..the 40 years..of..'wandering'..
gets one wondering..

knowing..that only the children..emerged..
to wit the old generation..was left wandering...
as the wondering/children..decided to wander..no more]

seize the day..

now...did-je-ruse-all-o-them/is claimed..to be gods/beloved city
claimed by one nation...divided into many more/than 12 tribes

lets just/say the family..of abraham...
has the duty to make-it worthy..of being named/as..gods beloved-city

how can..the decendent/family..
children..of god..all
..serve..their material-patriarch

..to wit...the tribe..[of abram]..no..[abra-ham]..no....
to serve the tribe of..[brm]

both claim..to own..
con-troll...this destroyed city

we could use the wisdom..of solo-man..here
and cut it up..into two/thiestic...exile-states

both appart..thus appartheight-states

both..clearly..unable..to make peace
[thus revealing..that the INHERANT/circum-scism-
induces..a mindless..WILL-to..murder..

even..his/own/only..begotten-son..!
[did the patriarc..maybe..get it wrong?..]

think...[the..fruit/clearly didnt..fall far...
[from either..side-of the tree]..as we witness..today

anyhow..the wisdom..of solo-man..is no cure
cutting/dividing/slicing/dicing..well thats just meta-pwhore..for war

besides...god..[gd]..needs..no further..di-vision
we are..all children..of the beloved-god

as the mess-iah..revealed...
[emmanuel...god/with-in..[us all]
that we/do ...to others/neighbours..we do to gd..[god]

its clear..both sides of brm..dont get god
jesus..revealed..the lie of judgment..[and reserction]...'day'
simply..by the clear*-fact*...he* came..back*

he also revealed..so much more[will..be given]
yes hell..feds off/this anger....
in fact..demons..go where vile thinking...origonates

lets turn..to the most mercyfull
most loving..[grace-full]..good..[god]...gd

let face..it you-lot both should know...yhv
MEANS...'oh..him'...thus..cannot*..be gods name*

but we wont...be judged...[by gd]
thus couldnt be judged..by not..knowing gods name
EL...[god]...is good enough

the living/loving light/love..
sustaining..all living,..into love

see the light
we are ALL..enjoined..mortal-heirs
of the immortal/eternal..good..[gd/..god]

you get/off..your high-road...
and on ya knees...see your on the low-road

mr/obama...tell them..

they have...6 days..to make/nice
or..god-city..[god-sit-i]..gets/it

[get/it..?]

are..you/not..serving..the war/god?

your..deeds/works..would...beg/to differ

time..to/serve..the good,..[gd]

[goods..of peace..not..pieces]
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 25 September 2010 6:59:03 AM
David G

I do not know whether America will "crumble". What seems certain is that its RELATIVE power will decline. Some time in the next decade or two it will cease to be the undoubted hegemon of the world but it could still be a "primus inter pares*" (first among equals).

How this will affect its support for Israel is hard to say.

However let's say you are right, that America ceases supporting Israel and Israel is unable to survive without that support. Does that increase or decrease the likelihood of a nuclear conflict in the M-E?

To my mind it increases it. I cannot see Israel ever dying quietly. I am of the opinion that if they feel themselves going down they will take as many of their enemies as possible with them.

*Can't resist showing off my Latin ;-)
Posted by lentaubman, Saturday, 25 September 2010 6:37:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy