The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Democracy and the polls > Comments

Democracy and the polls : Comments

By John Töns, published 6/9/2010

The Independents have been handed a poisoned chalice; no matter which way they go they run the risk of this being their last term in government.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Join the Facebook page

To the 3 twits, Australia has had enough and wants back to the polls.

Send them a clear message
Posted by Angry Oak, Monday, 6 September 2010 1:37:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What "clear message" Angry Oak?
Wasnt your vote clear the first time?
I know mine was.

The only people calling for a new vote are those who are scared the eventual outcome will not be to their liking and want another bite at the cherry.
What happens if we vote again and the result is the same?
Posted by mikk, Monday, 6 September 2010 2:15:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mikk,

your post that The only people calling for a new vote are those who are scared the eventual outcome will not be to their liking and want another bite at the cherry. Is absolute garbage!

You may know something I don't, and from your comment you are certainly not in business, but I just need Gov't certainty as retail spending is down and it will not pick up again until certainty has been retored!
Posted by Angry Oak, Monday, 6 September 2010 2:27:18 PM
Then I ask again...
Do we have another election and another and another until we get it "right"?
Do you want the uncertainty to continue indefinitely Angry Oak?
How do you know spending will increase once a government is sworn in? How will another 30 days of electioneering(and the $150 mil it will cost)help your quest for "certainty"?
Posted by mikk, Monday, 6 September 2010 3:07:58 PM
No mik,
Do you think it will be the same result, protest votes for the Greens will be redirected, As all political commentators have said.

Do we have another election and another and another until we get it "right"?
Not right, just decisive.

Do you want the uncertainty to continue indefinitely Angry Oak?
If it's not uncertain now, then I don't know what is?

How do you know spending will increase once a government is sworn in?
I don't want it to increase!

How will another 30 days of electioneering(and the $150 mil it will cost)help your quest for "certainty"?
See point 1.

End
Posted by Angry Oak, Monday, 6 September 2010 3:25:35 PM
The climate will be set to bring on a republic, and put an end to this Katter govt; That way the one with most money will win.
Posted by 579, Monday, 6 September 2010 3:33:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy