The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > And the winner is? Malcolm Turnbull? > Comments

And the winner is? Malcolm Turnbull? : Comments

By Lyn Dickens, published 6/9/2010

Turnbull, aka the man who stood for something, is remarkable for being a politician with something reminiscent of conviction.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Whenever I think of Malcolm Turnbull (rarely) all I can think of is Gordon Gecko, no strike that, Gordon Grech.

And that's all folks.
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Monday, 6 September 2010 3:41:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mika,

One of the instances was a reply I made to someone who had a go at me because of a Typo I made.

The other was a post scripted remark, and was made as a direct attack against you and your lack of all logic and thinking in every point that you make!

STOP Trolling!
Posted by Angry Oak, Monday, 6 September 2010 3:47:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah, Johnny - have to admit that the OzCar affair was a particularly entertaining debacle.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 6 September 2010 3:47:53 PM
Touché, Angry Oak. As you say, people who live in glass houses and all that.

On that subject, I don't think you're in any position to accuse anybody else of "trolling", given the number of inflammatory comments you've made today about the "3 twits", the Greens, swinging voters and anybody else you don't like.

On the subject of the "Queens English" (sic), perhaps you might like to refresh your memory as to what a preposition is, and also about the proper use of the apostrophe while you're at it.

FYI - I own a small business, and I very much doubt that my turnover is being affected by the current parliamentary stand-off.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 6 September 2010 4:51:11 PM
CJ, if the Libs can't win without Turnbull, I pray to Runners god, that they never win again.

While I'm at putting down, I'll have a go at your Greens as well.

How could anyone vote for a party that is so short of talent that they actually recycle a failed Democrat. That really is the bottom of the barrel, even lower than Gillard, or Turnbull.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 6 September 2010 5:00:31 PM
CJ: "I run a small business"

So did my parents, and friends of mine.

Might I suggest that *new* law, as opposed to that which we either know how to live with or are working on doing so, is the big risk.

Let it be "hung" all day long I say.

Old law is subject to review by the higher courts, and they probably need a decade to weed out the worst of it. New law is binding till either someone can afford to oppose or enough cases of overt failure make review unavoidable (ie the CSA), a slow process.

I'm happy with a standstill until something happens to make the GG remind the major parties that they are not entities the constitution recognises, unlike sitting members who are. Suck it up ALP and Libs. The power to form government resides in Parliament, not the political parties, who have shown they can't compromise to do so and are therefore undeserving.

What I want to hear: "The party with the least supporters for the government that will form within the next ten minutes (9.59, 9.58, 9.57.....) will be outlawed. Party policies will be a consideration of sitting members only if the interests of the nation, their electorate and their informed conscience have been exhausted"

Now, *that* would be fun to watch, with the doors locked and no party bosses to refer to.

Rusty.
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Monday, 6 September 2010 8:17:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy