The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Our risk-averse society > Comments

Our risk-averse society : Comments

By Scott Prasser, published 12/8/2010

Australian public policy has become increasingly characterised by governments exaggerating problems contrary to evidence.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
'It doesn't matter what I do
You have to say it's alright.
And I need you to send somebody around
To tuck me in at night.

Wear a ribbon for this
Hug a stranger for that
Light a candle to the dead
And soon you'll forget
That you ever had
A brain inside our head.

We value everythin the same
We turn it into farce
So we don't know a crisis
'Till it kicks us up the arse
Because...

Everybody's a victim
Seems we're going that way
Everybody's a victim
We're becoming like the USA'

- The Proclaimers
Posted by Clownfish, Thursday, 12 August 2010 4:16:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Clownfish,
the other day I told one of the bosses that their new policies are merely there to please Anna Bligh & not to build a better & more functional society. His reply was of the same sickening attitude of "I'm here to make sure this particular service is provided, I'm not interested about anything else". When I said but what about the community morale hitting rock bottom because of the new policies & their effect on the communities he replied " that's not my responsibility". This leftist indoctrination is endemic now in the Public Service & I for one am at the end of my tether as to how to make these morons think. They're destroying so many lives by unquestioningly abiding mindless ALP policy.
Posted by individual, Friday, 13 August 2010 8:00:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From the article “Governments must forge better community understanding of the realities of government capacities. And individuals must be allowed to make their own choices and to take responsibility accordingly. Too risky?”

Like a well known politician previously said

“"The right-of-centre parties still often compete with left-of-centre ones to proclaim their attachment to all the main programmes of spending, particularly spending on social services of one kind or another. But this foolish as well as muddled. It is foolish because left-of-centre parties will always be able to outbid right-of-centre ones in this auction - after all, that is why they are on the left in the first place. The muddle arises because once we concede that public spending and taxation are than a necessary evil we have lost sight of the core values of freedom."”

The “risk” comes from a greater, more powerful, central government authority demanding more taxes to spend on lesser beneficial outcomes

In short “the law of diminishing returns” at its most indirect and incompetent
Posted by Stern, Friday, 13 August 2010 8:43:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy