The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > One-of-a-kind businesses still hold powerful attraction for consumers > Comments

One-of-a-kind businesses still hold powerful attraction for consumers : Comments

By Bryant Simon, published 15/7/2010

Global brands like Starbucks have to contend with a reinvigorated appreciation for the local.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Fraccy.. just in case you haven't tweaked to it yet.. Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, Peter Popov, and a host of other 'prosperity gospel' peddlers are as disgusting to Runner and myself and any other serious Christian as they are to you.

Here's a wiki list... to save you scrounging around

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_evangelist_scandals#Mike_Warnke.2C_1991

But when you tire of all that muckraking.. you could always meet the One who's message they have so distorted.. it might be a refreshing change.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5&version=NIV

As for Starbucks and their ilk... they make me wanna puke
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Sunday, 18 July 2010 5:22:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz: << As for Starbucks and their ilk... they make me wanna puke >>

Does that go for Gloria Jean's too, Boazy?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 18 July 2010 5:30:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Could be an urban myth, pelican.

>>Wasn't it a Maccas hamburger that someone left on a shelf for months without any signs of decay. Shudder that I ever ate one of those things<<

http://www.diet-blog.com/08/do_mcdonalds_burgers_decompose.php

It hasn't appeared in Snopes yet, but the video would appear to be a reasonable standard of proof.

Oh, here's Boaz, peddling his wares again.

>>But when you tire of all that muckraking.. you could always meet the One who's message they have so distorted.. it might be a refreshing change.<<

Boaz, it would be so-o-o-o-o-o nice, if you would, just once in a while, recognize that yours is not the only religion that has brethren who have gone "off-message". Know what I mean?

Mind you, what that all has to do with Starbucks, I haven't a clue. Presumably God tolerates all kinds of coffee, since it was all his idea anyway.

Or does He only drink the finest espresso, complete with angelic crema, while Starbucks is simply a living example of the devil's work?
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 19 July 2010 2:35:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It occurred to me after my last comment that Boazy is something of a Macca's fan - so why does Starbucks make him "wanna puke"?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 19 July 2010 2:58:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy