The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whatever it takes > Comments

Whatever it takes : Comments

By Julie Bishop, published 8/7/2010

As Labor luminary Graham Richardson put it so succinctly, Labor will do 'whatever it takes' to retain power.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
<< As Labor luminary Graham Richardson put it so succinctly, Labor will do 'whatever it takes' to retain power. >>

Well, Julie Bishop, here is the obvious retort:

And the Libs wouldn’t??

Come-on, the Libs are NO DIFFERENT!
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 8 July 2010 8:33:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Curse you Ludwig.

You beat me to it.

And in true form Ms Bishop has not made a single original argument in her entire article. Nor indicated just how the Libs would do anything any different.

Whatever it takes...
Posted by Severin, Thursday, 8 July 2010 10:12:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You two should realise Tony Abbott and and Julie Bishop have consistantly said they will turn the boats around, that's their undisputed, unabridged, unchanged policy, despite castigation from most media outlets! ... and that's what they will do.

Julia Gillard, former Deputy PM and now the unelected, installed PM, has taken several policy positions and stances according to polling of the electorate and has received accolades from people like you and the media, even though her positions have ramped up the number of illegal boats arriving and her current policy has a snowballs chance on a Queensland beach in summer of doing what she and all you people claim it will do.

Who's fair dinkim here?
Posted by keith, Thursday, 8 July 2010 10:38:04 AM
Thanks Keith for pointing such a significant difference between the two parties.

Labor is lightly more humane than the Libs. Not much, but it is there. Wonder why Bishop failed to mention that?
Posted by Severin, Thursday, 8 July 2010 10:45:55 AM
Julie Bishop speaks for both sides of politics.
Whatever it takes, the Australian public be damned.
As an "ordinary" Australian I feel powerless as, in the case of
Labor, we have the Factions. and in the case of the Liberals we have the Heads of Industry who run this country.

We go to war at the whim of another country, the mighty USA.
Our wealth is leaving the country.

In the case of the East Timor solution, East Timor, at this stage is not willing to accept refugees, but I predict that there will be back room deals and suddenly there will be an announcement that East Timor has agreed to the deal. But will we be told what the deal is? No.

I would vote for a party that consults ME first.
Posted by Raise the Dust, Thursday, 8 July 2010 10:50:09 AM
Now that Ms Gillard agrees that we don't want to encourage leaky boats, her next step will be to declare herself a climate change skeptic. At least Bob Brown has the integrity to stick to his convictions no matter how bad they are. Labour are simply power hungry and will grovel and change their mind on any issue if they think it will get them elected. Unfortunately I think the Australian people are to apathetic to vote these jokers out.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 8 July 2010 10:53:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy