The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Prime Ministerial self-righteousness > Comments

Prime Ministerial self-righteousness : Comments

By Reg Little, published 10/6/2010

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has been a disaster, displaying ineptness that is difficult to believe.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Well said Reg, and beautifully tight. A pleasure to read. Rudd, besides being a fraud and intellectual dwarf, has also failed, as you say, in his one claimed area of expertise, foreign affairs.
Bruce Haigh
Posted by Bruce Haigh, Thursday, 10 June 2010 10:19:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
fraud and intellectual dwarf,
Bruce Haigh,
If that doesn't make anyone in the electorate (even the non-thinkers) think, then what are we heading for. Only this morning I spoke with a nurse about the Health Dept fiasco & she didn't hold back on colourful rhetoric but as soon as I mentioned ALP she went on the defensive. It just doesn't add up !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 10 June 2010 10:56:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everything in the article seems valid, but I am still more afraid of Tony Abbott.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 10 June 2010 11:07:17 AM
Reg

You join the growing media chorus of highly subjective voices baying for the demise of the Rudd Government. "One man, with a few, now grim, hangers on". You need to stop reading The Australian and have a rest.

Of course the Government will be held accountable for its performance at the next election, but what about some sense of objectivity rather than personal malice? At every turn the Government has been thwarted from pursuing a reformist agenda (for which it had a clear mandate) by a reactionary opposition. As a former public servant you would know that Ministers are basically the equivalent of a Board of Directors, setting strategy but not interfering in operational matters. What is the responsibility of the numerous senior career bureaucrats who are meant to professionally manage health, education, defence, indigenous and other Federal programs? How could the Government have possibly anticipated the breathtaking opportunism and dishonesty shown by the private sector in the insulation and school building programs?

The truth is this Government is working in a dynamic, difficult and complex political and economic enviroment, and focusing a stream of personal invective and resentment towards one person provides few real insights other than the growing power of the media to shape public perceptions.
Posted by Donkey, Thursday, 10 June 2010 12:18:22 PM
Have a bex and a lie down Reg.I think Reg is a liberal voter, I don't for sure I just get this feeling.

Reg the lesson you need to learn is no game plan has failed until the final whistle is blown. In your love of all things Chinese you have forgotten why the west is so successful. The West is like the Blob, what west cannot take over the west destroys. While you've have engrossed yourself in all things Chinese you not noticed that most Chinese want to be westerners. By the time China becomes a first world country it will look and feel like a western country.
The dragon will not awaken before it's slain by it's keepers.
Posted by Kenny, Thursday, 10 June 2010 12:30:34 PM
Donkey,
"The truth is this Government is working in a dynamic, difficult and complex political and economic enviroment...."
And is abundantly clear that Rudd and hangers on are completely out of their depth. A great article.
Posted by Sparkyq, Thursday, 10 June 2010 12:32:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy