The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor complacent as Indigenous gap widens > Comments

Labor complacent as Indigenous gap widens : Comments

By Jack Waterford, published 21/5/2010

Seven houses for Indigenous Australians! That's not bad for three and a half years work and hundreds of millions of dollars.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Cornflower,
still sprouting off I see. Open the windows indeed - perhaps it is your eyes that you should be opening - and opening your mind might also be useful.

You make grand assumptions about me and generalise somewhat. Apparently formaldehyde is in new furnishings, timber laminates, plastics etc and dissipate after 10 years or so. 5 years I believe in a new car.

My home and car do not have this problem, they are all too old. I acutally live in an alternate dwelling, a 4 bedroom shed, clad with 2nd hand iron sheeting. My husband and I own our humble home and land outright.

If you are objecting to the prices being claimed for the housing in remote areas I suggest you look at the contractors - not at the people hoping to get a home.

Your sanctimonious questioning as to whether I have seen people living in caravans etc do not reflect well on your reasoning. You actually know very little about me, but I assure you that I have lived in caravans etc that only kept the rain out when it wasn't raining.

Your pitch for shipping containers as public housing is distorted economy as a basic portal frame shed can be made into a very cheap, strong and versatile home for less per sq metre.

You seem to imply that the people are expecting grand homes from this intervention housing scheme. How patronising.
Posted by Aka, Wednesday, 26 May 2010 11:04:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aka

You have taken personal offence where none was intended.

I think we will have to agree to disagree.
Posted by Cornflower, Thursday, 27 May 2010 2:31:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy