The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pauline Hanson’s long farewell > Comments

Pauline Hanson’s long farewell : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 17/5/2010

Pauline Hanson is deeply imbued with bitterness for her own failure in politics and for her disappointment in multicultural Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Regardless of Pauline's bitter views against all non-white people, the woman was not suited as a politician anyway.

She was neither intelligent nor articulate and would have been swallowed up a lot earlier if the media hadn't taken her racist ramblings and ran with them.

Pauline would have been more suitable as a receptionist for the local ku klux klan chapter, but certainly could never cut it as an effective politician.
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 2:12:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
benk,

PH didn't contribute a thing. She only gave voice to the Red Necks, whom most of Australia ignored. You should ask who has embarrassed Australia more.? Then, we would be struggling to answer.
Posted by Oliver, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 2:37:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come back Pauline.
We need you.
PH for PM !
Posted by Proxy, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 2:56:10 PM
A well written article Alice.

Personally I prefer the brutal honesty of Pauline Hanson to that

slithery character, Tony Abbot.I wish he would sell his house and move

to England too. What a relief!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 31 May 2010 10:30:28 AM
This is an injustice and typical of the way in which Pauline Hansen has been misrepresented in the media:

The article says, "Hanson .... told a journalist that she wouldn’t sell her house to an Asian who has lived in Asia."

In contrast, the Herald article and the newsreel where she can be seen and heard speaking, reported:

"Asked if Asians were welcome to express interest in the property, Ms Hanson said she would not sell the home to an Asian who lived overseas.

But she had no problem with selling the property to "an Australian who is of Asian background".

"No problems whatsoever," she said.

Asked if she would be prepared to sell the property to a Muslim, she said she would not.">

http://www.smh.com.au/national/pauline-hansons-muslim-ban-illegal-20100428-tqbb.html

Clearly, what she was saying was that she would object to her home being included in an Asian investor's portfolio of Australian property.

I have not been in agreement with PH's opinions on anything that I can recall, but it's hard to know exactly what her opinions are when she's the favourite target for anyone who needs one to make some point.

PH represented 25% of public opinion. We're supposed to be living in a democracy and as such, those 25% are as entitled to representation as any other citizen. Instead we have seen her bullied non stop. She was victimized by the dominant party (supposed to be 2 but they are largely interchangeable) - ie: the "get Pauline fund" that was used to pay media outlets to vilify her after she refused to give her preferences to either major party.

There's never been any investigation; there's never been any investigation into the false charges that put her in gaol where she was squat searched and humiliated in every way that a person can be. Nobody has been brought to account for any of that.

Her (apparent) opinions should have been debated properly in parliament; education and ideas should have been used to win them over.

I don't agree with her, but have even less respect for those who vilify her.
Posted by Pynchme, Wednesday, 2 June 2010 6:13:27 PM
<"...it would have been too great an expectation for a fierce and outspoken woman like her to leave her ancestral land for good “quietly” and without making a scene.">

Why should she leave quietly?

None of us knows why she is going overseas; but there is no reason why she should skulk off.

Btw nothing wrong with outspoken women. One hardly hears any grumbles about outspoken men.

<"At the same time, a robust multicultural society can only be built by a genuine political culture with the motto “everyone matters” and by politicians who look after everyone’s interests, whether they are Anglo, indigenous, migrant or refugee.>"

I am all for a robust, inclusive multicultural society.

I can't get with the logic that to be inclusive we should be excluding people.

Seems like a bit of redneck logic to me.
Posted by Pynchme, Wednesday, 2 June 2010 6:34:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy