The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pauline Hanson’s long farewell > Comments

Pauline Hanson’s long farewell : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 17/5/2010

Pauline Hanson is deeply imbued with bitterness for her own failure in politics and for her disappointment in multicultural Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Yes, Pauline has that heady mix of bitterness, fighting spirit, and manipulation. All to negative effect.

What would have taken real courage would have been to talk and act positively.

As far as falling for a Muslim man, has she caught up with news Dodi Al-Fayed is off the market?
Posted by McReal, Monday, 17 May 2010 11:17:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I haven't lived in the UK since 1977. At that time there were other nationalities settled in UK but my current understanding is influenced by my daughter, living in Coventry, who assures me that there are large areas of the UK where few white people are seen.
I hope PH gets on OK in UK but from my subscription to Big Brother Watch weekly newsletter I have doubts that it will satisfy her.
Posted by phoenix94, Monday, 17 May 2010 2:02:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It would be nice if social commentators ceased getting automatic credit for taking a swipe at Pauline Hanson. Cheap kudos. And it would be even better if, when they were critical, their comments were a little more sophisticated. NB "Shone" is preferable to "shined" in the context of the sentence in which it appears here.
Posted by veritas, Monday, 17 May 2010 3:34:37 PM
PH was a divisive individual, however, the effort that the major parties and media went to in 'destroying' (martyring?) this woman was extraordinary.

As noted, moving to the UK to escape multicult PC culture is a bit intriguing, but maybe she wants a better fight?

regarding the author's following thoughts:

"specific local and global economic, social and political factors are the cause of certain problems in society"

"a robust multicultural society can only be built by a genuine political culture with the motto “everyone matters” and by politicians who look after everyone’s interests, whether they are Anglo, indigenous, migrant or refugee"

I think we need only look at places like Indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, the US and Australia, and hope that radical Islam does not change the current, western influenced, freedoms we all have - and perhaps a little less Shar'ia?
Posted by Reality Check, Monday, 17 May 2010 3:37:06 PM
"Pauline Hanson is deeply imbued with bitterness for her own failure in politics"

Name another politician who changed Australia more.
Posted by benk, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 7:25:01 AM
In what sense do her statements that "she wouldn't sell her house to an Asian who has lived in Asia" and "Muslims are incompatible with Australian culture and way of life and would cause problems in the future" constitute a "racist outburst"?
So she doesn't support immigration from Asia and believes that the Muslim religion is incompatible with Australian culture. In both cases she is putting a view that Australia, in her opinion, would be a better country if Asian immigration and Muslim immigration were stopped.
But why are these views considered to be racist? Of course Muslims are a religious grouping not a racist grouping, but even allowing for that, is she saying that Asians and Muslims are somehow inferior, that their legal and other rights should be attenuated?
Or is the word "racist" just a convenient term of abuse to describe the views of persons whose beliefs you don't share.
Posted by blairbar, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 7:48:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy