The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ice Age theories warming up > Comments

Ice Age theories warming up : Comments

By Mark S. Lawson, published 30/4/2010

Whatever affect industrial activity is supposed to have had on climate may well be swamped by natural cooling.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
"Mark Lawson here.
CJ Morgan. If you read the article you will see that the real question is not that we are in an intergalacial but what is causing it. I'm glad you were paying some attention in lectures as an undergraduate. Now its time to move up to the next level of understanding."

Good one! ROFL

But, I think you're asking the impossible!
Posted by Horus, Sunday, 2 May 2010 8:43:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where did you acquire your vast knowledge of science, Horus?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 2 May 2010 10:38:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fester.
No doubt about the Easter Islanders, Africans think the same way now, they're blaming God or their neigbours poor land management practices for poor harvests, drought and soil erosion.
Deeply religious people tend to stand there shaking their fists at the sky and blaming their Neighbours or Witchcraft for things that are beyond their control.
Africans will most likely never move from that position, just like the Easter Islanders, we see it now, everywhere a group of Africans are living with drought every blade of grass is pulled up, every strip of bark and every twig is gone within staggering radius and they're sitting in the dust waiting for the Hercules.
So Africans will never be environmentalists, give them a fish and they'll eat for a day, give them a fishing rod and they'll sell it and give the money to a Priest or a Shaman who'll pray for divine intervention.
Europeans will wait until the Gates Of Vienna are threatened before they'll move, they'll submit the High Priests of the Religion of Political Correctness and labour for the Robber Barons until their children are about to starve then they'll rise up and start taking out their angst on their neighbours.
It is the way of things, the Robber Barons and Theologians will flee and mutate to yet another form, when the Berlin Wall came down all the Commies became Anti Racists and Climate experts and the capitalists became Respectable Conservatives.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 2 May 2010 11:44:23 AM
I'm more struck by the similarities, Jay. "Things will always be the same." is part of the human psyche. The advantage we have in our modern society is the objective view of science. Without science to identify and hopefully solve the world's problems, what could we do other than blame angry gods, witchcraft, or our neighbours? And unlike gods and witchcraft, scientific ideas are based on testable parameters.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 2 May 2010 4:37:21 PM
Jay of Melbourne:
<Africans think the same way now, they're blaming God or their neigbours poor land management practices for poor harvests, drought and soil erosion.>

Quite right, Jay; they should be blaming colonial exploitation rather than God!
Posted by Squeers, Sunday, 2 May 2010 4:45:56 PM
Why shucks CJ, one taint need much science to whoop you.
Why I reckon I’d have more science in my teensy-weensy toe nail, than you’d have in the whole of your big, achebreaky head
Posted by Horus, Sunday, 2 May 2010 5:20:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy