The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whigs V Tories > Comments

Whigs V Tories : Comments

By Helen Dale, published 27/4/2010

Will 2010 herald the return to more normal, less class-based, politics in the UK?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dear Helen, no bite and no traction with this. You are still fiddling with the symptoms of the mediocrity of UK politics, and not the causes. How can you identify any changes if you cannot recognize the status quo? When you hear something along the following lines from any party, there will be differentiation.

"Dear British voters, our industries are in decline as revenue generating infrastructure and employment moves off shore, unemployment is close to 9%. Our economy is in deep trouble as growth forecasts decline from a miserable 0.3% to a disastrous 0.2%. In addition we have failed to secure our future energy needs.

The post Copenhagen status has left us dangerously exposed as France, Germany, Canada, Australia, the US and the entire developing world has either suspended or abandoned unified action on carbon reduction. The viability of our heavy investments in alternative energy sources is sadly in serious question.

I need your support to suspend, pending a full scientific review which I will now propose as part of our manifesto, any further investment in the CPRS schemes that have played such a significant part in our industrial decline, costly and unproven alternative technologies and damage to our economy. Without energy security, we cannot rebuild our industrial and employment capacity, we cannot restore our economic viability and without that, no government can deliver social equity.

Our society has been swamped with 3,400 individual pieces of nanny state legislation and our hate crime legislation is unworkable which all needs to be reviewed.

I am also conscious of the loss of broad based sovereignty that EU members have experienced due to over regulation by the EU. I propose a review of our membership terms and the benefits Britain is obtaining."

Let’s have something we can get our teeth into
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 27 April 2010 9:04:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy