The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > West Bank and Jerusalem Generate Jitters For Jordan > Comments

West Bank and Jerusalem Generate Jitters For Jordan : Comments

By David Singer, published 21/4/2010

King Abdullah understands that any such solutions must involve Jordan and that Jordan cannot sit on the sidelines any longer.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
#Examinator

The basis of the current conflict is not solely the result of the Arabs' refusal to accept the 1947 UN Resolution, It is only one of several opportunities that have gone begging to solve the conflict because of Arab rejectionism and inaction which include:

1. Failure to accept the Peel Commission findings in 1937
2. Failure to accept the UN Resolution in 1947
3. Failure to create a new State in the West Bank and Gaza between 1948-1967 after driving out all the Jews living there
4. Refusal to negotiate with Israel between 1967-1993
5. Refusal to accept offers made by Israel in 2000 and 2008.
6. Failure to accept the existence of Israel as the state of the Jewish people

The only solution I see as having any chance of success is the division of the West Bank and Gaza between Israel,Egypt and Jordan in direct face to face negotiations. Why you suggest that this solution is "irrelevant" is mystifying considering it worked between 1948-1967 and the sky did not fall in. I am suggesting it be revisited once again.

Face up to the fact that the creation of a new Arab State between Israel,Egypt and Jordan is dead in the water. 17 years of trying to create such a State have proved fruitless. The last 6 years spent by the most influential negotiating body ever assembled - the Quartet - has failed to achieve a breakthrough.

How many more years of conflict, trauma and suffering on both sides is to occur before the two-state solution is consigned to the garbage tin?

These are the cold hard facts that you just will not see.

#John Ryan

Your fixation on who I am or should be has nothing to do with the message I am trying to get through as articulated once again in my above reply to Examinator.

Do you wish me to give you a whole lot of archeological findings that substantiate much of what appears in the Bible? Access "bible+archeological evidence" on Google yourself.

You offer nothing positive or constructive in voicing your diatribes.
Posted by david singer, Saturday, 24 April 2010 7:41:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Dave a bit like you playing your propagandist games
Posted by John Ryan, Sunday, 25 April 2010 6:40:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy