The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The International Baccalaureate in Australia – a standard alternative or a market exercise? > Comments

The International Baccalaureate in Australia – a standard alternative or a market exercise? : Comments

By Catherine Doherty, published 21/4/2010

Without such systemic constraints, one could argue that anyone could dream up an ideal curriculum.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
It was once proclaimed (at a famous School in Scotland); That it would be easier to Move a Cemetery than Change the Curriculum .

I would love someone like Kevin Donnelly to write an essay about this School , Why was it Famous , an outline of the apparently famous Curriculum ; Is there a surprise here , was it an incredibly concise document maybe 30 words ?

I recall vaguely all the new Curriculum's that tried to prop up Outcomes Based Education , I remember coming to the conclusion that Bull Crap is a handicap every where except in the Garden.
Posted by Garum Masala, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 11:09:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It must be getting close to the situation, whereby the so called Australian education system can no longer be calling itself Australian.

Most textbooks, software and hardware is now imported, and if the curriculum is also imported, then there is basically nothing left in the education system that is actually Australian, (except the Australian taxpayer funding that is pouring into it).

But then, it does make the job so much easier if everything is being done by someone else.
Posted by vanna, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 11:38:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From what I understand, the IB is an qualification geared towards university entrants that is internationally recognized. It is also free of the patriotic and politically correct padding that politicians love to stick in.

As it is certainly not geared towards those not attending university, it is not a replacement for the one size fits all national curriculum, and was never meant to be. This thread is really a storm in a tea cup.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 4:01:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy