The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Kevin Rudd's health plan needs more work > Comments

Kevin Rudd's health plan needs more work : Comments

By Rachel Siewert, published 9/4/2010

The Rudd Government has announced only a fraction of the health reform necessary, yet seems to want the States to sign off on it.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
What is Kevin Rudd's health plan? Take back some of the GST funding and thereby increase Federal control over State Health expenditure and maybe reinstate local Hospital Boards (probably stacked with Labor party appointments!)- that's all. There is no Health plan. Its just an Administrative exercise to satisfy a megalomaniac's craving for money,power and control.

I defy anyone to provide more information about this grand "Health and Hospital plan" in which there is no plan to improve patient Health.

Talk about ending the "blame game" - this PM takes every opportunity to blame John Howard,the Liberal Party and anyone else he can.
Posted by Atman, Saturday, 10 April 2010 12:38:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
when the government acknowledge their own figures from injecting rooms prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that police psuedo watch has driven amphetamine addicts to suicide or heroin addiction .what kind of health reform are we third class citizens due for now .are we to be forced to donate organs at gun point or what .my new web site drugshumanrightsconsumerrights@blogger.com .is blacklisted and i was not allowed to email amnesty international with its name on the email as for our human rights commission i am not allowed an answer to any of my numerous emails.i suspect all my web sites are banned all without the decency to let me know .but this world exploits us and we can't stop it thats why we pay 14times the price of gold as for the drugs we cant live without no wonder those exploiting us keep us silenced .help us any one out their or you will have our blood on your hands now you know the truth.regards junkies against crime
Posted by motorcyclemessiah, Sunday, 11 April 2010 2:12:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The so-called 'low-risk reform strategy' that McGorry is asking the Government to provide hundreds of millions of dollars for includes pre-emptive treatment of young people who *might* become psychotic. This treatment typically includes antipsychotics, powerful drugs that have dangerous side-effects. Yet McGorry regards a 60% false positive rate as acceptable, and acknowledges that it can be as high as 90%: http://www.schizophreniaforum.org/pap/readmore.asp?commentID={43DF40CE-60EF-4CEE-AC16-D031D9828A8A}
McGorry's early intervention agenda sounds like a great idea, but behind the rhetoric is a well intentioned but risky plan that would expose young Australians to premature psychiatric diagnoses and hazardous drugs with little scientific evidence of effectiveness in preventing psychosis: http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/337/aug04_1/a71
Please see David Webb's and my article 'McGorry's 'early intervention' in mental health: a prescription for disaster': http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=10267
See also my article in The Australian, pointing out flaws in McGorry's claims that early intervention is cost-effective: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/youth-mental-health-make-the-message-clear/story-e6frg8y6-1225851787516
Posted by Melissa Raven, Monday, 12 April 2010 12:55:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The plan says nothing about one of the most important public health issues - dental health. The waiting lists for public dental health (where it is available) are phenomenal!
Posted by Jasper the Second, Tuesday, 13 April 2010 12:19:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy