The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Christian right ideology and the prayer warriors > Comments

Christian right ideology and the prayer warriors : Comments

By Alan Matheson, published 26/3/2010

The American Christian right ideology is pervasive in Australia and in some denominations is totally reshaping them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Ho Hum

'Where oh where is Runner?'

about to eat some food.
Posted by runner, Friday, 26 March 2010 7:44:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'But yes, we do have our small share of the Christian Taliban.
Its clearly quite profitable.'

Not nearly as profitable as the high priests of the global warming religion I would suggest.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 27 March 2010 12:05:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The more I read of Alan's article the more similarities I see the Atheist left use to come up with their environmental religion.

What with their High Priests, their deceit, their nature worship, their false emails, their lies, mother earth, Benny Gore, their national lights out hours. Those 'wicked' Christians are such a worry.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 27 March 2010 12:16:45 AM
I have no interest in religion or the so-call religious right, but if Alan Matheson is correct about these ‘worrying’ (to him) people, could it not be that the pendulum is doing what pendulums do: swing back?

Left wing influences, mainly from the Catholic, Anglican and Uniting churches have been busily trying to influence governments for a long time.

I accept the rights of people to practise their religion; I too object to any religion meddling in politics, other peoples’ lives or any secular activity at all. Religion should be kept private or among other of like mind.

However I believe that it’s impossible for people to vote against their religious scruples, and it is very hard for politicians to act against their religious scruples. We would have had voluntary euthanasia long ago if that were not true.

However, to blame the religious Right and not the religious Left (you don’t even hear of a religious Left!) is patently one-sided
Posted by Leigh, Saturday, 27 March 2010 8:42:34 AM
The leftist websites don't ad's and articles about killing people. the right wingers often carry on about self defence, and as any student of history knows, many armed forces are built up under this type of cover.
Posted by cornonacob, Saturday, 27 March 2010 9:53:25 AM
Some light reading on a heavy issue, viewpoints that we don't normally hear.
Before anyone blows a gasket at the words "Christian Zionism" have no fear, I'm only quoting the views of dissident Jews since they're not bound by the Religion of Political Correctness and tend to write in plain English.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/israel-the-us-and-the-chr_b_26995.html
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060814/new_christian_zionism

http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/not-in-my-name-an-analysis-of-jewish-righteousness-by-gilad.html
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 27 March 2010 10:39:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy