The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The IPCC needs to change, but the science remains sound > Comments

The IPCC needs to change, but the science remains sound : Comments

By Robert Watson, published 3/3/2010

A few errors by the IPCC doesn't mean climate change is an illusion or that CO2 emissions don't need to be cut.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Clearly many of the respondents didn't note that this topic is actually about the need for changing the IPCC.

Clearly the issue has been resolved it's all rubbish! Hasbeen has spoken.
That's it! sack all the scientists . All knowing Hasbeen knows better than all of them and has spoken.

Has been, your topic proves you have no idea about AGW (ACC) theory or that the science has move since the 1950/60. *In fact it's a moving feast*.

Fred Singer is dead his work is out of date it has been superseded by later information. Site, like Science daily and EurekaAllert publish about 5-10 new climate specific scientific papers weekly. Goodness knows how many on those with oblique relevance.

NB The IPCC reports are the equivalent of researching, reading and writing and producing a totally new windows O/S. We all know how perfect that isn't, when first released. We don't discard the entire workable package because of bugs...Get real.
Like windows the report is a snap shot of the science at that time.

The problem with the IPCC reports are the fallibilities of the bureaucratic methodology that sifts the mountains of data, papers, observations etc.

Like the man said the science is sound it is how it gets to the report in a form that non scientists can digest it that is the problem.

-Glacier-gate's error was the 35 year time frame not the fact that the Himalayan Glaciers that feed the four main eastern rivers have/are retreating at unprecedented rates. (a bureaucratic error not a science one).

- Climate gate was one man's sloppiness. It DIDN'T alter the conclusions.
NB all the information data measurement and their model's source code are available from NASA on their New combined Climate Change web site for ready access.

-The melting Poles some of this conformational data, maps, pictures are available from several sources.
NB a lot of this data is new from new satellites l after and not accounted for in Plimer's book, Fred singer's Opus and the scientifically dubious theory hawked by Monckton.
Posted by examinator, Wednesday, 3 March 2010 2:55:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Andy is at it again.

He suggests we go to regions affected by climate change and see for ourselves.

Andy, it's supposed to be GLOBAL isn't it? In that case, if I walk out my back door I should see the devastation you predict. Well I have, and it ain't there. It's not happening. Nothing much has changed since people like you were campaigning about global cooling in the mid 1970s.

And now it's cooling again.

Please tell us what phenomena you would accept as evidence AGAINST catastrophic global warming, Andy. None, I expect, because it's a religious conviction for you and your mates.

As for Watson, could there possibly be a less credible person on earth to run the whitewash for Jones and the other scammers?
Posted by KenH, Wednesday, 3 March 2010 3:16:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Déjà vu - Robert Watson's article is well reasoned - but it will not remove hands from ears, or open tightly shut eyes. It certainly won't stop the screaming "I can't hear you!"

Curmudgeon (at home?)

I remember not so long ago you were using HadCrut charts to prove your point, what's changed that?
____

Runner

High Priests? Where's God in all this?

____

Jon J

Independent inquiry by these folk: Patrick J. Michaels, Robert C. Balling, Jr., Robert E. Davis, Paul C. Knappenberger?

____

Hasbeen

You've tweaked my interest - you found it difficult reading chpt 9 of the AR4 WG1 report (congrats on giving it a go) and you didn't read any of the referenced papers ... so, what are you going to do with every bit of research, every algorithm, & every bit of raw data?

____

Phoenix94

You lost me when you chimed in with "Dr Anthony Watts" - pray tell, where did he get his PhD again, and in what year?

____

ShazBaz001

Fancy that, Plimer doesn't tell porkies. And settle down, you are blowing a fuse (or something).

____

Amicus

Who would you have conduct the inquiries (there are a few going on as you would know) and would you accept the outcome? Really, this is not a trick question.

____

Cheryl

Very interesting about your memory of the 70s Victorian police investigation in to graft and fraud in that state. Just wondering, what's that got to do with the price of apples in Madagascar?

____

examinator

How dare you!
Posted by qanda, Wednesday, 3 March 2010 3:18:59 PM
PS

KenH

What evidence would it take for you to accept the alternative?

i.e. it is very likely that human activity is significantly contributing to the climate change we are experiencing now.

One more, do you think global warming means increasing temperatures every year and in every suburb?
Posted by qanda, Wednesday, 3 March 2010 3:25:56 PM
Examinator - actually Fred Singer isn't dead, or at least he was alive last week. He's 86 this year but still writing.. saw stuff by him this week.. and nope, despite your fond wishes, his book is not out of date.. In fact, the 1500 year (plus or minus 500 years) climate cycle discussed in Unstoppable Global Warming by Singer and Avery is well known and widely acknowledged. The Hockey stick debate was about whether it was confined to the Northern Hemisphere or whether it was world wide. Now its known to be world wide.
The IPCC has far more to answer for than he does.
Posted by Curmudgeon, Wednesday, 3 March 2010 3:28:54 PM
quanda

you ask 'Runner

High Priests? Where's God in all this?'

I suggest to you He is still on the throne as opposed to some 'scientist' who actually think they are.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 3 March 2010 3:54:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All